Join Eaton’s Information Technology team and help positively impact our business through leading technologies, exciting and challenging enterprise projects and new platforms. We are currently seeking a Functional Analyst - Mapics/XA to join our Product Operations Center of Excellence (PROCOE) team. No relocation is being offered for this position.
The IT Functional Analyst will be based at any Eaton facility. No relocation is being offered for this position. If the candidate resides within 50 miles of Beachwood, Ohio, the candidate must work at that site. If the candidate resides more than 50 miles away from Beachwood, Ohio, the candidate will work remote from another US Eaton Facility or an approved home office.
The IT Specialist, Functional Analyst for Mapics/XA ERP is responsible for design, model, configure, and implement Mapics/XA ERP software in Make and Planning functional areas - manufacturing, order scheduling, material planning, quality and shop floor functions. This position requires the ability to analyze the business and systems processes and recommend improvements and best practices that utilizes Mapics/XA solution and use standard Eaton software and processes. This role participates in project implementations, including large scale Mapics/XA ERP Deployments, and third level support as required. This position requires the ability to understand and drive regional solutions and implement controls that are fully auditable and compliant with business and control standards, working closely within the Governance framework.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. In this role:
- You will be responsible for in-depth functional & business process knowledge of Mapics/XA preferably in release 9.x in Make and Planning functional areas.
- You will work in partnership with divisional and regional business process owners on requirements, processes, and systems.
- You will demonstrate analytical skills, to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements.
- You will manage requirements scope & disposition through process compliance & gap analysis, integration testing & user acceptance methodology.
- You will provide knowledge and input on the system implications of business process changes.
- You will apply project methodology and governance processes to the change control, system development life cycle and regression testing.
- You will support end to end processes and has intermediate level understanding of system touch points.
- You will work with the global governance team to ensure proposed solutions are in-line with global solutions.
- You will participate in business process improvement committees as needed.
- You will cultivate innovation
- You will prepare and document solution design and process maps.
- You will collaborate with project team on solution definition and validation.
- You will prepare test cases and conduct various test cycles (CRP/UAT), verify data integrity and recommend/take corrective actions.
- You will prepare and coordinate training for end users.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required
Minimum of 7 years Mapics/XA ERP deployments/implementation is required
Candidates must be authorized to work in the US on a continuous basis without company sponsorshipPosition Criteria:
- Make and Planning modules preferably in Mapics/XA release 9.x - MRP, MSPS, Scheduling, Capacity and Manufacturing reporting. Powerlink IDF Level 1 & 2.
- Able to understand database files/table and develop SQLs.
- Understanding of RPG/Java programming and Enterprise Integrator a plus.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time