Non-Destructive Testing Technician Level II - 2nd Shift
Eaton’s Aerospace Division is currently seeking a Non Destructive Testing Technician Level II to join our team. This position is based at our North Charleston, SC facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Set up and conduct processes involving liquid penetrants and Magnetic Particle Inspections to detect, evaluate, and report on defects such as, porosity, cracks, and other discontinuities.
- Set up, adjust, and control electronic equipment such as ultraviolet devices to evaluate material contents, bonds, surface and sub-surface flows and discontinuities to the specifications outlined by written procedure or verbal instruction.
- Must apply basic math skills, read and interpret complex blueprints and geometric symbols to identify inspection requirements, and select proper measuring devices.
- Visually and dimensionally inspect parts for conformance and take appropriate action to call out discrepancies.
- Perform necessary part marking and operation of the Vapor degreaser
- Generate and maintain all required logs and records as prescribed by customer or MIL Specs including lab reports, log books, non-conformance reports (NCRs), records, etc.
- Maintain all required logs, documents, and records as required.
- Move material within the plant.
- Perform minor machine maintenance.
- Perform more than one operation at a time as directed by the supervisor.
- Pre-& post cleaning & preserving of parts as needed.
- Perform specific rework inspections, if needed.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Must reside within a 50 mile radius of work location; no relocation benefit is provided.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Minimum of two (2) years inspection experience, which must include utilization of mechanical gauging devices with variable dimension readout capability.
- Become certified FPI & MPI Level II inspector within 12 months (provided training is made available). An employee who fails the Level II FPI & MPI Certification may have the opportunity to re-test after the completion of an additional documented 200 hours of training or less, as deemed necessary by the responsible Level III
- Complete an Eaton approved training program within 120 days
- Must not be color blind
- Must be able to pass Snellen & Jeager 1 near vision examinations annually and all other required vision testing
- Must be willing to travel for NDT training (40 hours minimum classroom training per method
- Must be able to study and take written examinations for each method of certification
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time