Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Eaton’s Electrical Automation Solutions division is currently seeking a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test(SDET) to join our team. This position is based at our Plymouth, MN facility.
As a recognized employer of choice, Eaton Corporation recruits and retains talented employees who are interested in making a long-term commitment to an organization that continually invests in the latest technology and state-of-the-art equipment as well as its employees. The Energy Automation Solutions (EAS) division delivers intelligent energy solutions by combining power systems expertise with innovative technologies to help our customers generate, deliver, and manage energy safely, efficiently, and reliably. EAS provides a range of power delivery and reliability, automation and control, advanced metering and demand response solutions designed to increase efficiency and smart operations. The EAS business serves customers in the utility, commercial, industrial, mining, renewable energy, and other markets. With a spirit of innovation crossing decades, EAS is proud of its ground-breaking innovations through customer collaboration, long-standing commitment to investing in R&D, five Innovation Centers around the world, more than 10,000 patents held globally, and its award-winning solutions in power delivery, power quality, power reliability and end customer automation in the utility space. The technical skills, innovative thinking and the tireless dedication of our employees around the world are Eaton's greatest resources.
As an SDET, you will work with Software Architects, Developers, and Test Engineers to design, develop and maintain test automation solutions for effective and efficient test execution. Our application utilizes a range of Web, API, and database interfaces built using a mix of leading proprietary and open source technology. You will be responsible for developing and enhancing test automation solutions to keep pace with fast-paced Agile delivery and integrate with code delivery and deployment (CI/CD) pipelines.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will design, develop, and implement automated tests using TestComplete, Selenium, and Java
- You will deliver test automation solutions in accordance with enterprise standards and within development and operational guidelines
- You will perform reviews of automation and application code, and present test results to project teams
- You will collaborate as part of the Scrum team in grooming user stories and development of acceptance criteria for the requirements and user stories
- You will develop in-depth system and application knowledge to maximize test quality and coverage
- You will engineer automated test and metric reporting solutions and mentor and direct other testers in automation and software engineering principles
- You will share and communicate ideas both verbally and in writing to staff, business sponsors, managers, and technical resources in clear, concise language appropriate to the target audience
- You will constantly evaluate and enhance the test automation strategy and approach and research/ implement tools which support increased velocity and quality
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience developing test automation or combination of development in Java/.Net and test automation experience using TestComplete, Selenium Webdriver.
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Plymouth, MN to be considered.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Experience with Acceptance Test Driven Development.
- Hands-on experience on test automation of APIs (SOAP/REST services).
- Proficient with developer tools and IDEs, such as Eclipse and Git.
- Experience with unit testing and TDD (Test Driven methodologies) using JUnit, NUnit or similar tools.
- Experience working in a CI/CD environment like Jenkins for executing automated tests.
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on scripting/coding experience in any one of: Java, Spock, Groovy, JUnit, Geb, Cucumber, C++, .Net, APPIUPM, Perfecto.
- Strong communication collaboration and influencing skills to drive change.
- Effective troubleshooting and reasoning skills: debug and resolve difficult technical problems
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Agile methodologies.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG EAS Electrical Automation Solutions
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time