Distribution Supervisor, Outbound, 3rd Shift
Eaton has an opening at the Spartanburg Distribution Center for an Distribution Supervisor
The Spartanburg facility has approximately 250 employees and is the largest distribution center serving the Electrical Sector, Americas Region.
The Spartanburg facility is a cost-center service organization with the central purpose of providing value added logistics support for the distribution, sales and service of electrical products and components, in the US & internationally.
- The Operations Supervisor will provide leadership and direction for a process within the Distribution Center in a multi shift, high volume, high order capacity.
- The Operations Supervisor will be responsible for performance with respect to safety & the environment, quality, on-time delivery, and cost for their respective area.
- The Operations Supervisor must exhibit Eaton’s Leadership Style while working cooperatively with other functional leaders to exceed the needs of the customer.
- Responsible for employees within a department and the contribution and performance of the department.
- The supervisor drives the processes in department through the Eaton Business systems. Assist plant Manager/Production Manager in the development of processes to achieve a zero incident culture, maximize output, maintain machinery, and reduce overall costs and through these improvements exceed the customer’s expectations. Making sure that the organization decisions making is based on a process oriented culture – to ensure the linkage from strategy to actions.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a leadership/manager of people role within Supply Chain / Distribution Center environment is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Must reside within a 50 mile radius of work location; no relocation benefit is provided for this position.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong supervisor skill set including but not limited to developing individuals, coaching, mentoring and building a team environment.
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Foundational knowledge of lean principles and manufacturing processes.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft applications.
- Prior experience with WMS systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering is preferred.
- Lean/Six Sigma Certified.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES AMER HQ MFGSC
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No