The Maintenance Manager will be responsible for planning, organizing, and controlling (supervising) maintenance programs and personnel as a functional leader. This person will be responsible for maintenance and tool and die employees with respect to job performance, attendance, discipline, and administrative actions, continuously improving safety and quality. The incumbent will be responsible for all aspects of plant and facilities maintenance function for the facility which includes both hourly and salary direct reports.
The primary responsibility involves the maintenance of the plant facilities, equipment and production processes. This includes daily general maintenance along with continuous improvement, capacity expansion and technology investment projects.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
· You will be responsible for establishing the direction, focus and motivation of the Maintenance and Tool & Die department team.
· You will be responsible for training of unskilled, semi-skilled and candidates for skilled positions supporting ongoing production, facilities and maintenance needs. Schedule work activities for direct reports, review employees’ work performances and provide feedback, coordinate safety and employee training activities.
· You will apply cost containment principals when purchasing goods and services. Be able to operate within and below budget expectations.
· Analyze and resolves work problems or assists employees in solving work problems.
· Interface with other departments and contractors to ensure day to day and project completion.
· Initiate and participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established MESH policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities and initiate and participate in continuous improvement activities. Participate as required in problem solving teams, kaizen events, cross functional committees, and multi-discipline initiatives.
· You will participate in lean daily management system (LDMS) activities and support the factory tier process as required.
· Directly supervise 10 skilled (hourly) employees and 1 tool & die engineer (salary).
· Performs other related functions as required to achieve department and site objectives.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technical Science degree from an accredited institution.
· 3 + years of manufacturing engineering and/or maintenance/facilities experience.
· 3 + years of experience managing people in a manufacturing environment.
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
· No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of Reno, NV will be considered
· Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Technology, Mechanical Technology, or Engineering from an accredited institution.
· 5 + years of related manufacturing engineering and maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
· 3 + years managing people.
· Directly supervise approximately 10 skilled employees.
· Experience in equipment, tooling, and fixture design
· Six Sigma Green Belt certification.
· MS Word, Excel, SAP, Access
· Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
· Ability to conceptualize, define and resolve complex problems.
· Excellent analytical, problem solving and facilitation skills.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks along with excellent time management skills.
· Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills to effectively interface multiple cross-functional teams.
· Perform other related functions as required to achieve department and site objectives.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No