Material Handler - Steel Kitting - C Shift (Fri-Sun 5a-5p)
The Production Associate - Material Handler will be responsible for pulling, kitting and ordering steel and other purchased parts for assembly with the overall goal of timely order fulfillment and adherence to Eaton’s quality standards.
- Exhibit a strong adherence to quality by continually seeking methods of improvement for all functions of the position. Ensure that all products and parts adequately meet Eaton’s quality guidelines as they move throughout the production process. Perform quality checks as instructed.
- Receive and carry out work assignments from management and internal customers so as to fulfill customer orders in a timely manner. Closely follow established procedures for completing assigned function and perform special assignments and/or projects as assigned.
- Comply with all safety and industrial hygiene requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner. Understand and meet all departmental safety objectives and goals.
- Keep assigned work-area clean and organized per 5S standards.
- Work with members of a team to effectively complete work assignment. Receive information from team members regarding customer needs and product requirements and utilize this information to perform one’s function.
- Exhibit strong analytical and problem solving skills so as to resolve any obstacles or delays that may occur in the production process.
- Perform Lean Initiatives by recommending suggestions for improvement related to quality, work processes, and environmental safety and health.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance when required to ensure peak performance of all manufacturing equipment.
- Read and comprehend front views, bill of materials and drawings in order to pull steel and purchased parts and place with the corresponding job in assembly. May also be required to order parts through DMM.
- Communicate well between shifts and departments to determine which orders need to be pulled.
High school diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited institution.
Minimum 1 year of manufacturing or operations experience or graduate of Manufacturing Certificate Program.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate area of the Sumter facility (50 mile radius) will be considered for this position.
Working knowledge of Lean concepts.
Knowledge of processes and procedures related to steel and bus fabrication, purchasing, receiving, shipping, and inventory control
Broad range of knowledge in materials planning, scheduling, receiving, shipping, and tracking systems
Computer skills including Excel, Word, DMM, AS400, Mapics, Vista, & Outlook.
Experience with measuring devices (i.e. tape measure)
Experience with reading blueprints, manufacturing diagrams, drawings or operating instructions.
- Experience leading teams or projects
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 35lbs with reasonable accommodation. Incumbent must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Repetitive lifting, bending, and squatting is inherent to this position.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No