Process Engineer #068199
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a Process Engineer in Eaton’s eMobility business, based in Shenzhen, China.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This is a position for Process Engineer will be focusing on eMobility products including Converter, On Board Charger, Power distribution, Inverter and circuit protection, etc. The Process Engineer should be responsible for power electronics product manufacturing initiative during the new product development in engineering team. Process Engineer should provide manufacturing feasibility study and suggestion to engineering team, selecting right equipment and manufacturing methods to realize cost down.
- Working with design engineering team to make sure that the manufacturing feasibility to all the designs, including electronics and machine, providing suggestion for the layout design, structure design, power electronics election, machine tooling concept design, etc.
- Initiating manufacturing equipment and facility
- Estimation of standard working hours and assessment of labor and equipment capacity
- Supporting quotation for new project bid on manufacturing standpoint in engineering team
- Interface to the operation team for launching new products
- Supporting on manufacturing issues before/after launch, VAVE, optimization of manufacturing process
- Supporting on process standardization, harmonization and improvements within the process area to achieve higher levels of efficiency and effectiveness
- Responsible for new products transferring to production and following up the stability of mass production
If you are/have:
- Bachelor’s degree on machine, electronics and related. Master’s degree preferred
- 8-year experience in operation in electronics industry, 3-year operation experience in NEV
- Experience on manufacturing OBC, DCDC, PDU, Inverter is preferred
- Automobile product development process such as DFMEA, DVP&R, APQP, etc.
- SMT operation experience is must
- Good communication both in English (Oral) and Chinese, High standards for personal performance and work ethics.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time