Engineering Leader, eMobility China
Job Title: China Engineering Manager, eMobility #068195 (#LI-AL1)
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun.
We are looking forward to an Engineering Manager in Eaton’s eMobility business, based in Shanghai / Shenzhen, China.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of a dynamic and entrepreneurial team in a large multi-national company. The person is responsible for leading a 30+ person multidisciplinary engineering team for our newly established eMobility business. In this role, the leader will manage the R&D budget, design, manufacture, market and supply electrical and hybrid solutions for on- and off-road vehicles.
At Eaton, we make what matters work! Our eMobility team works each day we work to improve people’s lives and the environment by making power management technologies that are reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable for the electrification of transportation. Be part of a team that will design and deliver a wide range of solutions for on- and off-road electrified vehicles to reduce the environmental impact of transportation around the world!
Your essential responsibilities:
- You will be involved in many different aspects of the product life-cycle, ranging from product specification, requirements engineering, Design & Development, and validation.
- You will have a focus on developing custom eMobility products for the China Market. This includes defining lab capital, hiring design and validation talent and determining regional product design goals.
- You will manage a variety of resources that leverage global design centers to supplement local teams.
- You will monitor progress and achievements on projects, ensure technical reviews and expert resolution of issues and monitor integration of work.
- You will attract, develop and retain a team of engineers as per the need of team. Coach and motivate subordinates to achieve their professional goals and review their accomplishments.
- You will champion continuous capability and process improvements to support the Eaton Business System: Profit planning, Technology roadmap, APEX, Merit planning, Customer & Employee surveys, DFSS.
- You will leverage your understanding of digital validation tools and techniques to predict performance of products including flow and thermal simulations, control systems, system architecture, system modeling and tools, Six Sigma (DFSS) expertise.
- You will bring with you a successful track record in engineering / R&D domain, which should include demonstrating results and flexibility in goals attainment.
- You will have excellent English & Chinese communication (oral and written) and presentation skills.
- You will manage capacity and resources including software/hardware as part of organization profit plans.
- Ensure employee engagement & managerial effectiveness through execution on employee survey action plans.
If you are:
- Masters in Electrical / Electronics engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience within the electrical manufacturing or automotive industries.
- Experience must include engineering research / analysis / product design in multi-disciplinary areas of auto / aero / hydraulic / electrical domain is essential.
- Experience in hybrid / vehicle electrification domain will be preferred.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time