If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a Software Engineering Manager in Eaton’s eMobility business, based in Shanghai/Shenzhen, China.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of a dynamic, entrepreneurial team in a large multi-national company.
· You will develop embedded firmware, firmware architecture and supporting documentation according to established new product development process.
· You will take a system-level approach to developing and managing product firmware requirements, collaborating cross-functionally.
· You will direct the work of firmware development and system validation engineers located globally.
· You will assess trade-offs between business needs, technology requirements, and cost.
· Prepares/reviews new project estimates: scope, effort, schedule, risk, cost, etc.
· You will prepare and present software/firmware technical presentations for internal design reviews, and design discussions with OEM customers.
· Test and debug prototype units using standard lab equipment to verify firmware functionality and integrate with electrical/mechanical systems.
· You will develop engineering documentation; design and instruction specifications, operating manuals, and technical reports.
If you are:
- Minimum 8 years embedded firmware design experience – preferably in transportation industry applications.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other approved technical degree.
- Strong background in the C and C++ language or its derivatives (C#, etc.) for microcontrollers.
- Experience with communication protocols such as: UDS, I2C, SPI, RS232, J1939 CAN, etc.
- Experience using and maintaining version control systems such as SVN or GIT.
- Possess working knowledge of Software Quality tools and concepts.
- Must possess proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Project management knowledge and experience a plus.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time