Lab Manager #068193
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a Lab Manager in Eaton’s eMobility business, based in Shanghai, China.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful;
ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity
are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision,
and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This is a position for Laboratory Manager will be focusing on eMobility products including Converter, On Board Charger, Power distribution, Inverter and circuit protection, etc. The Laboratory Manager should lead the testing engineering team to complete the lab construction and testing capability development according to the business development strategy, leading the day routines and tests to provide supports for the business expanding for eMobility business unit. The laboratory manager is also responsible for the testing reports and support on failure analysis, and lab operation excellence, EHS, etc
- Leadership on the eMobility Laboratory development strategy in terms of the business strategy on eMobility product lines in China Market: establish/complete the lab development plan including resource, equipment and instrument;
- Responsible for Laboratory infrastructure establishment both in Shanghai and in Shenzhen.
- Responsible for Lab daily routines
- Mastering all the equipment and instrument performance and usage. Providing guideline for all the tests, equipment installs and usage
- Working together with engineering team on program development from the validation standpoint, Checking and approving testing data/reports before sent out from Lab team;
- Planning and conducting the training for test engineers and technicians to ensure all staff in the lab to be competent to their positions
- Working with customers to support and/or develop test system methodology along with data interpretation
- Provide support on failure analysis for the product development.
- Complies with the policies, procedures, and expectations outlined by Eaton’s Management System for the Environment, Safety, Security, and Health (MESH) and Quality Management Systems.
If you are/have:
- Bachelor’s degree on machine, electronics and related. Master’s degree preferred
- 10-year experience in testing lab in automotive industry, at least 5-year leadership experience
- Automobile product development process such as DFMEA, DVP&R, APQP, etc.
- Laboratory infrastructure establishment experience is preferred.
- Experience on testing on the products of OBC, DCDC, Inverter is preferred.
- Good communication both in English (Oral) and Chinese, High standards for personal performance and work ethics.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time