Senior Mechancial Engineer
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a Senior Mechanical Engineer in Eaton’s electrical
business, based in Shenzhen, China.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is to Lead UPS mechanical engineering team, ensure design, cost ,quality and schedule meet customer’s requirement ，Provide technical support for mechanical design analysis and production parts NG analysis.
- Evaluate primary design concept and provide optimum proposal to make sure it meet the schedule and planned budget
- Provide mechanical cost out solutions to achieve VAVE target
- Guide associate engineers to solve problems and accomplish their robust design activities
- Provide professional & quickly support and service to customer and improve satisfaction continuously
- Prepare related R&D technical documents (e.g. Design Guideline, Drawing template, Checklist) based on project lesson learned
- Act as an system engineer to lead project development excellently, working closely with R&D colleague (internal or GPL ) & supplier provide reliability and manufacturability design.
- Implement DFSS and Pro-Lunch procedures into project development
- Coordinate with other function to find new technology and apply into products to meet VAVE target
- Conduct team-member learn design guideline and other project’s lesson learned, collect good mechanical design activities and apply into project development .
- Provide solutions and fast feedback to sales and customers during project development stage.
- Bachelor Degree holder in any Engineering discipline. (Mechanical or Material Science Preferred)
- Over 6 years engineering experience.
- Professional experience in design of sheet metal and plastic parts, knows the typical defects and can give improvement solutions.
- Professional knowledge of plastic/sheet metal materials and tooling design. Can seek and find new material/manufacturing process to meet product quality and cost target.
- Excellent structural solution capability, can quickly provide system level proposal which include thermal, EMC, safety consideration.
- Innovative, likely to ask/think in a different way from existing solution, has experience to lead a new invention disclosure as first inventor.
- Fluent in CAD, Pro/E and other office software. familiar with DFSS process and tools. tools to evaluate and improve design quality.
- Excellent team work and cooperation, can guide and coaching junior engineers to do design job.
- Can work under high pressure of tight schedule and limited resource.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: PQD DPQD Distributed Power Quality Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No