Industrialization Engineering Manager
- Understand and deploy PCD Engineering and Industrialization Strategy in the Dominican Republic. Develop an aligned local industrialization strategy to encompass division new product development and product robustness support to meet division objectives. Manage relationships between Industrialization Team and Haina Plant Operations. Seek synergies with other divisions to enhance the productivity of product industrialization in the Dominican Republic.
- Assign task priorities, manage projects, and manage performance of the team of industrialization engineers as members of cross-functional project teams.
- Assess and develop team and individual capabilities. Develop expertise in key manufacturing, automation, and test processes, utilizing the latest technology and statistical toolsets. Build and utilize a network to identify and develop sources of new talent.
- Participate in process design, development, validation, and documentation of new products, ratings, features, and accessories. Drive PROLaunch stage-gate project industrialization activities.
- Support the Haina manufacturing plant in new product launches and in product and process robustness improvement projects for existing product lines.
- Utilize statistical quality tools and analysis to optimize manufacturing, measuring, and testing processes and to evaluate process robustness.
- Collaborate with the Design Engineering Team to ensure that designs are cost effective and suitable for manufacture. Support development of production processes, tooling, equipment, fixtures, testers, and quality controls in order to meet product and product specifications, product cost targets, and capital and expense budgets.
- Manage engineering prototype builds and related material inventory to support project schedules. Drive compliance to corporate and site-specific shop-floor health, safety, and security requirements.
- Coordinate project status reports and other communications between the Design Center and other key stakeholders.
- Support innovation events and technology exploration or demonstration projects.
- Comply with approved policies and processes and perform other administrative responsibilities as required.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
Preferred: Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- 5-7 years of related engineering experience.
- Experience in manufacturing or plant operations.
- 2 years of experience supervising or leading teams.
Experience in new product development and industrialization.
Knowledge of Six Sigma, VA/VE, and LEAN manufacturing tools. Fundamentals of project management.
Understanding of product and process requirements, process design, and performance requirements.
Bilingual with written and oral fluency in Spanish and English.
Leadership, team building, written & verbal communication skills.
- Methodical, creative problem solving skills.
- Administrative skills and safe work practices.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: EPG CPD PCD Power Components Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time