Senior Quality Engineer
Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Senior Quality Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Irvine, CA facility.
This position will be responsible for designing, coordinating, and implementing highly complex process sampling systems, procedures, statistical techniques, and quality systems. You will develop process improvement and cost control programs throughout the plant. You will perform review of customer/industry/internal specifications to ensure processes meet/exceed requirements. You will provide technical support to operations, customers, and suppliers as needed.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will provide technical support to both internal and external customers and suppliers as needed.
- You will participate in continuous improvement activities in targeted areas.
- You will execute the Quality Assurance strategy to ensure product flow consistent with established industry standards, government regulations and various customer requirements
- You will function as Lead Auditor to perform quality system audits at suppliers and internally to assess compliance to AS9100/ISO 9001 standards
- You will hosts & support Internal, Customer, Supplier and Third Party Audits as required
- You will work collaboratively with applicable internal functional teams to improve key metrics
- You will actively support Cost-Out, Scrap/Rework reduction & improved First Pass Yield site goals and objectives
- You will analyze organizational quality metrics and performs periodic reviews to evaluate results and recommends action plans to Quality Manager to close gaps at an operational level.
- You will contribute in using problem solving techniques & determining containment and Corrective Action solutions with applicable verification methods
- You will contribute in the design and implementation of quality assurance training programs and conducts training in quality-related topics
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum three (3) years of work experience in a manufacturing environment within a Quality function.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidate that currently reside within 50 miles of the Irvine, CA facility will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All accepted applications must be U.S. Persons as defined by ITAR (U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Political Asylee, or Refugee).
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 5 years’ of progressive experience in Aerospace industry
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) and/or Certified Quality Auditor (CQA)
- Customer-specific quality registration, certification processes experience (i.e. ISO9001, ISO/TS-16949, AS9100)
- Previous work experience in Lean Manufacturing, 6 Sigma, PPAPs, and Process Variation Reduction concepts and tool sets as they relate to process/product variability, and root cause and corrective action determination
- Familiar with and experience in product conformity requirements
- Working knowledge of process auditing techniques to ensure compliance to defined quality requirements
- Ability to learn product and end user application/specifications, including product testing requirements
- Knowledge of product manufacturing, assembly, test and inspection processes
- Willingness to ‘Think outside the box’ and can work well individually or in a Team environment.
- Previous work experience of problem solving methods such as: 8D, root cause analysis, and the associated statistical tools used to analyze problems, evaluate and complete improvement projects
- Ability to read and understand blue prints, specifications, and requirements.
- Position requires interaction with external customers and internal personnel at all levels of the organization
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time