Eaton’s Vehicle Division is currently seeking a Quality Supervisor to join our team. This position is based at our Kearney, NE facility.
The Quality Supervisor is responsible for deploying the Strategic Quality Plan at the HB level in conjunction with the Plant Quality Manager and provide overall quality leadership to the organization. In this role, you will be tenacious in driving the continuous improvement efforts throughout the operation in support of Total Quality Leadership, the Eaton Quality System and the Eaton Business System. You will provide support in Total Quality Leadership to customers, suppliers, partners and the support service functions of the organization. Additionally, you will manage the Quality Assurance strategy of the organization to facilitate continuous production of products consistent with established industry standards, government regulations and customer requirements.
The Quality Supervisor is a member of the Quality department and reports to the Quality Manager.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will provide Quality interface and expertise between the operation and its customers to proactively identify or anticipate their needs and expectations and ensure they are understood and satisfied. This includes the complaint management system and the corrective / preventive action process related to customer issues – with feedback to the region – and the coordination of customer visits and audits.
- You will partner with the Supply Chain Management organization relative to the Supplier Quality Assurance activities of the operation as well as provide Quality interface, expertise and support to the organization’s suppliers and partners. This includes the feedback of supplier performance to suppliers and the division.
- You will provide expertise in Quality Assurance and process improvement tools and methods to support the continuous improvement activities to insure compliance with the policies of the Eaton Quality System and TS 16949.
- You will support the internal Quality System Audit program for the organization and lead the corrective action system in HB in conjunction with the management review process.
- You will develop and analyze statistical data and product / process specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability requirements for the finished product.
- You will manage the performance and provide career development opportunities to direct reports through the utilization of the OCA and APEX. This includes on- going coaching and feedback to ensure organizational goals are met.
- You will identify, design and/or implement quality assurance training programs for key personnel in conjunction with the Eaton Quality System to satisfy the needs of the organization.
- You will participate on the Material Review Board as well as authority for Special Process MRR.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required.
Minimum of five (5) years’ experience working in a quality, manufacturing or engineering role within a production environment.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship both now and in the future.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Metallurgical or Mechanical Engineering.
Experience in managing a quality function and building organizational capability in that function
Experience developing and leading strategic quality, manufacturing or engineering projects.
Prefer Six Sigma Blackbelt or Greenbelt certification.
ASQ Certified Quality Manager (CQM), ASQ Certified Quality Auditor (CQA)and/or ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE)
Advanced technical knowledge in product design functions, manufacturing processes, inspection, metrology, metallurgy, statistical methods, and quality auditing.
Master’s degree in engineering, industrial management, quality, or business from an accredited institution as a plus
A demonstrated knowledge of quality assurance and continuous improvement methods, approaches and tools, including strategic planning and project management.
Proven track record of leading and managing quality initiatives that have resulted in improved productivity and reducing cost of non-conformance in a manufacturing setting.
Expertise with Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, Eaton Business Excellence Criteria, Project Management, Organizational change management, Quality Management System standards (i.e. ISO/TS 16949:2002, etc.)
Interpersonal communication skills and leadership development ability
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time