Project Engineer - Data Centers
Eaton Corporation’s North America Electrical Sales Division, located in Raleigh, NC has an immediate opening for a Project Engineer.
The primary function of a Project Engineer is to serve as technical liaison between the plants, product lines and the customer during the execution of a project. This position supports the Project Manager through technical ownership of the order and creates a positive customer experience through a proactive approach to project support and issue resolution.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you.
- You will develop and maintain relationships with assigned client
- You will use Bid Manager for product configuration, changes and pricing required for technical support of orders
- You will meet expectations per Service Level Agreement
- You will apply standard work, error proofing, and product and application knowledge to drive continuous improvement
- You will interpret customer plans and specifications to provide accurate information on project orders
- You will be part of continuous learning of products and applications related to engineered products
- You will provide technical support for warranty issues.
- You will perform all other duties as required by leadership.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of work experience within the electrical industry
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or another technical field
- Electrical industry expertise and product knowledge
- Prior sales and/or sales support experience
Position Success Criteria:
- Possess technical sales aptitude, market channel knowledge and power distribution expertise
- Capable of working in a team environment, using strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to establish customer relationships within the market area while maintaining and growing existing customer relationships
- Knowledgeable of Eaton product and service capabilities and can assemble standard offerings to meet customer needs with occasional internal oversight
- Possess necessary computer skills including: Adobe Acrobat, AutoCAD, Internet applications, Microsoft Office applications, and other product configuration tools
- Possess organizational, presentation, training, and planning skills
- Knowledgeable of market and industry issues, key trends, and surround competitors
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: MCO Marketing Commercial Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time