Wiring Technician - 1st shift
Eaton Corporation located in Sumter, SC has an opening for a Senior Production Associate - Switchboard Wiring. This position is on 1st Shift (Monday-Friday), with occasional overtime and weekend work per business needs.
This position will provide manufacturing expertise and wire switchboard products with the overall goal of timely order fulfillment and adherence to Eaton’s quality standards. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will correctly select and install, and support, in accordance to drawings/diagrams/blueprints, various components/devices.
- You will exhibit a strong adherence to quality by continually seeking methods of improvement for all functions of the position.
- You will ensure quality criteria are met by review of documents, consciences assembly and proper employment of the switchboard quality verification checklist.
- You will receive and carry out work assignments from management and internal customers so as to fulfill customer orders in a timely manner.
- You will perform assigned function from oral / written instructions, drawings, travel documents, DMM system, manufacturing information, hand drawn layout request. Closely follow established procedures for completing assigned function.
- You will comply with all safety requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner. Understand and meet all departmental safety objectives and goals.
- You will keep assigned work-area clean, organized, and orderly per 5S standards.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
-High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution required
-Minimum 2 years wiring experience
-Minimum 1 year manufacturing or operations experience and/or technical experience in an industrial setting
-Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
-No relocation benefits provided. Candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of the facility in order to be considered.
-Demonstrated comprehension of wiring diagrams and schematics
-Demonstrated comprehension of power flow
-Candidate must be authorized to work in the US on a continuous basis without sponsorship
-Must be self-driven and able to produce desired results with minimal direction
-Effective communications (written and verbal)are required
-Must be flexible and able to work extended hours as needed
Candidate must be able to lift a minimum of 35 lbs. with reasonable accommodation. Incumbent must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Repetitive lifting, bending, and squatting is inherent to this position.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No