Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services and Systems division is currently seeking a Material Handler to join our team. This position is based at our brand new facility in El Paso, TX and will work a first shift.
The Material Handler will provide manufacturing expertise and support in the Storeroom and production area including, but not limited to, allocation of materials, planning, scheduling, verifying, receiving, and shipping with the overall goal of timely order fulfillment and adherence to Eaton’s quality standards.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will exhibit a strong adherence to quality by continually seeking methods of improvement for all functions of the position. Ensure that all products and parts adequately meet Eaton’s quality guidelines as they move throughout the production process. Perform quality checks as instructed.
- You will receive and carry out work assignments from management and internal customers so as to fulfill customer orders in a timely manner. Closely follow established procedures for completing assigned function and perform special assignments and/or projects as assigned.
- You will comply with all safety and industrial hygiene requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner. Understand and meet all departmental safety objectives and goals.
- You will support assigned work-area clean and organized per 5S standards.
- You will support and work with members of a team to effectively complete work assignment. Receive information from team members regarding customer needs and product requirements and utilize this information to perform one’s function.
- You will exhibit strong analytical and problem solving skills so as to resolve any obstacles or delays that may occur in the production process.
- You will perform Lean Initiatives by recommending suggestions for improvement related to quality, work processes, and environmental safety and health.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 2 years manufacturing, distribution, or military experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate area of the Eaton El Paso, TX facility (50 mile radius) will be considered for this position.
- Two or more years of Material Handler experience in a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of Lean concepts.
- Knowledge of processes and procedures related to steel and bus fabrication, purchasing, receiving, shipping, and inventory control
- Broad range of knowledge in materials planning, scheduling, receiving, shipping, and tracking systems
- Computer skills include Excel, Word, DMM, AS400, Mapics,Vista, & Outlook.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 35lbs with reasonable accommodation. Incumbent must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Repetitive lifting, bending, and squatting is inherent to this position.
- Position requires willingness to become certified in operation of forklifts, cranes, and yard-trucks to transport and locate equipment and materials to required areas.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: PDD PDAD Power Distribution Assemblies Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time