Continuous Improvement Technician (Designer) – 1st Shift
Eaton’s Electrical Division is currently seeking a Continuous Improvement Technician (Designer) on 1st Shift.This position is based at our Arden, NC facility.
Drives plant level Continuous Improvement Kaizen’s by aligning with corporate and facility opportunities to drive safety, quality, delivery, inventory and productivity projects/initiatives. Works cross-functionally with all leaders and project managers of the facility to design, influence and carry out improvements.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will use AutoCAD And Inventor daily.
- You will complete drawings and load rating analysis for OpEx projects
- You will maintain facility one-line drawings
- You will assist with administration of the change management system
- You will evaluate projects for possible ergonomic improvements (body mechanics, lifts, hoists, manipulators, etc.) and implement these work design changes
- You will manage the Innovations SharePoint site; requests, active projects, and post project documentation.
- You will undergoes all necessary training and OJT requirements
- You will drive 5S+ in the department and the facility and assist in MESH improvements at the site
- You will maintain and monitor current information and plant compliance on safety documentation and load rating/testing requirements
- You will report and supports all accidents and near misses, identifies root causes, and ensures corrective actions are implemented
- You will support all facility project managers
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
Associates degree in an Engineering field or Engineering Technology required from an accredited institution
Must have a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship on an ongoing basis.
- No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of Arden, NC to be considered.
- A minimum of 1 year in manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge/experience with AutoCAD, Inventor, blueprint drawings, designing, welding, and material handling
- Continuous Improvement/ Lean Principle awareness
- Welding Certified or experience with assembly and structural welding preferred
- Greenbelt Certified
Proven history of safe work habits and good attendance
Computer skills (i.e. Microsoft suite, Outlook, etc.)
Excellent verbal and concise written communication skills required
Must be able to work effectively without direct supervision
Must be able to work overtime – weekdays and weekends
Safety: Hot Work Training, LOTO Training, Crane Trained, Fork truck Certified
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No