Customer Order Engineer
Eaton’s Power Distribution & Controls Assemblies Division is currently seeking a Customer Order Engineer to join our team! This position is based at our Arden, NC facility.
The Customer Order Engineer (Low Voltage Assemblies) is responsible for accurately interpreting purchaser specifications and translating them into drawings and bills-of-material understandable by Manufacturing and Purchasing.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will develop drawings and bills-of-material based upon established product designs which provides sufficient detail to accurately convey the purchaser’s equipment application.
- You will consult with plant and field sales engineers in interpreting and defining new equipment applications; and, consults with customer order drafting, manufacturing and purchasing as required in interpreting information for the accurate production of equipment in accordance with the purchaser’s requirements; and, coordinates mechanical and electrical interfaces with other products.
- You will conduct purchaser visits to approve or release equipment; and conduct special development/application projects.
- You will conduct technical training and guidance to department personnel; and, analyze needs and recommend revisions to department policies and procedures.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution or currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree in Engineering program from an accredited institution with an expected graduation date no later than June 2019.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology or Mechatronics from accredited institution
- One year manufacturing experience including internships and co-op assignments
- One year electrical experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge power distribution products (LV and MV Switchgear, Panelboards and Switchboards, Motor Control Centers, etc.)
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of electrical engineering
- Knowledge of design standards
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), AutoCAD
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time