CNC Industrial Maintenance Repair Mechanic
Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds Electrical division is currently seeking a CNC Industrial Maintenance Repair Technician to join our first shift team. This position is based at our Syracuse, NY facility.
The CNC Maintenance Repair Technician will be involved in application of broad electronic training and apprenticeship training and experience in improvising or making decisions where only general methods are available requiring considerable initiative and ingenuity.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will troubleshoot, repair, and maintain CNC machinery and mechanical/electrical equipment, including, but not limited to: programmable controls, CNC controls, power supplies, drives, gages, and test equipment.
- You will diagnose malfunctions and troubleshoot systems to determine required repair. Disassemble, replace, adjust, and/or assemble as needed. Advanced electronic skills and experience necessary in working on CNC machinery, computerized electronic controls, hydraulic and pneumatic systems; which could involve troubleshooting all defective printed circuit assembly boards.
- You will perform preventive, corrective, and troubleshooting maintenance required to upkeep production. Work from complex schematic diagrams, manuals and testing procedures.
- You will conduct facility evaluations to determine the need for major repair and replacement of facility equipment and systems.
- You will communicate effectively with internal/external customers.
- You will check sequence of machine cycle, determine type of machine malfunction, make all necessary repairs applying machine repair theory along with electrical theory. You will perform electrical test operations.
- You will require the use of judgment to comply with instructions or prescribed routines and to make decisions.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Journeymen or a minimum of six (6) years of documented experience in repair of CNC machines with familiarity of Fanuc, Haas, Siemens, Mazak, Mitsubishi and Okuma controls.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographic area (50 miles) of Syracuse, NY will be considered for this position
- Ability to problem solve and understand mechanical equipment
- Background in machining and electrical equipment
- Two year degree in electronics with mechanical experience /Military electronics experience.
- Experience with hydraulics
- Plan and perform all required operations pertaining to the maintenance and repair of CNC equipment
- Thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic components and CNC and manual machine repair in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents and drawings (e.g. blueprints, manuals, wiring diagrams, etc.).
- Strong preventive maintenance background.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No