Lead Accounting Analyst
Eaton is a leader in reliability, efficiency and safety with the development and supply of Crouse-Hinds series MTL system infrastructure products and protection equipment especially suited for process industries. Many of the world’s most safety-critical processes are monitored, controlled, visualised or protected by our MTL products and we are distinguished by our global network of sales and support centres, ensuring you are always safe in our hands, wherever you are.
As a Lead Accounting Analyst you will participate in the Accounting & Internal Control oversight of an international company, focusing primarily on Sarbanes-Oxley compliance. This position reports to the Compliance Manager for the Crouse-Hinds Division who is based in Syracuse, NY. The Analyst, through a hands-on approach, will be required to complete a variety of compliance and analytical related tasks. Extensive knowledge of US GAAP and an understanding of international business are requirements.
The position requires a high level of detailed analysis in a complex organization, and the ability to be highly responsive and accurate. The candidate must have the ability to perform detailed financial analysis to support the initiatives of the business. It also requires an individual who can work with minimal direction, is proactive and self-motivated and able to communicate openly and effectively with all levels of individuals within the company. This position will interact with a wide range of people across Eaton worldwide and requires strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex issues clearly.
Your main duties :
• Perform Internal Controls compliance testing reported on Internal Controls Scorecard
• Complete monthly internal Balance Sheet Review inspections
• Conduct 10-12 annual 2nd Level Balance Sheet Reviews
• Perform monthly manual Journal Entry testing
• Prepare/conduct Manual Journal Entry Testing Report Out
• Present ad hoc policy updates and reminders during Controller's Call
• Travel: Perform on site audits and Balance Sheet Review inspections
• Travel: Coordinate internal and external audit preparation
• Travel: On-site presence during Internal Audit visits globally
• Cover assigned Accounting and Analytical tasks supporting Global and Headquarters Operations
• Assist with monthly close activities as needed
• Lead and assist with special/ad hoc projects throughout the year
What we are looking for:
• Apics / Degree level educated
• Experience within a manufacturing/ FMCG planning environment
• Experience with Financial Analysis
• Experience of the total business process utilising formal Resource Planning techniques and supply chain management.
• Experience of inventory control and measures
• Extensive experience of a MTS/MTO manufacturing operation
• Excellent SAP experience
• Data analytical
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• People management capabilities
What we offer:
• Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
• At Eaton, inclusion and diversity is our strength. We embrace the power of many perspectives to drive innovation and growth that benefits our people, investors, customers and communities.
• Eaton employees may participating in our Flexible Work Solutions program
• Competitive benefits package ( pension contributions, life insurance, local transport allowance, meal tickets /catering allowance, 5 weeks holidays, refreshments on workplace, contribution to sport / culture / leisure )
Eaton is a power management company with 2017 sales of $20.4 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technology and services. Eaton has approximately 96,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries.
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: EPG CHD MTL Measurement Technology Limited
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time