Burton on the Wolds, Leicestershire, UK
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 99,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
In this role you will be providing environmental, health, safety and security leadership to our Leicestershire site and ensure that the business maintains its relevant certifications.
Your key deliverables:
- Drive a zero incident culture on site
- Support site leadership in achieving all EHS objectives and KPIs
- Facilitate the site risk assessment to identify risks and hazards to employees and the business and then work to address and mitigate the risks identified
- Help to identify environmental, health, safety and security champions and ensure they are engaged in owning their area
- Use established systems and processes to manage data such as: injuries, environmental metrics and other pertinent EHS information and use the data to drive improvements
- Own and track EHS training
- Ensure the site is maintained to an acceptable standard; acting as the main point of contact for maintenance activities
- Experienced in EHS and facilities management?
- Possessing technical knowledge of health and safety legislation?
- Experienced of stakeholder management?
- A Hands-on person and Change Management agent?
- Strong communicator, with ability to work with people at multiple levels?
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great career opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethics are really important for us
- Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
Candidate applying to the vacancy may be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time