NPI Associate Engineer
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a NPI Associate Engineer in Eaton’s electrical business, based in Shenzhen, China.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is to lead the manufacturing team to work together during the new product introduction process to make it run smoothly for responsible projects. Control new product cost, quality, and delivery on time. Achieve sales target in profit plan, to meet CPS sales growth of Power Quality (UPS) Business and support other regions.
- Manage new product introduction/ standard transition process activities for UPS product within plant/manufacturing as part of whole project.
- Manage the manufacturing cost, quality, delivery and risk of the assigned projects.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion in plant/manufacturing.
- Draft and submit budget and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with project team members and other stakeholders.
- Plan, schedule, and track project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations with a regular base.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and develop contingency plans.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Share best practices and tools for project execution and management with other colleagues.
- Full deploy DFMA tool for new production.
- Bachelor’s degree of Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is requested.
- Above 1 years’ experience in Electronics manufacturing environment, experience in UPS manufacturing field is preferred.
- Good interpersonal and oral/written communication skills in both Mandarin and English.
- Solid knowledge of PCBA, assembly processes, other related knowledge in manufacturing environment such as quality, lean.
- Ability to successfully interface with all organizational levels.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Experience in new product introductions or project management.
- Reporting capability and skills are required.
- Leadership for project and human resource is required.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: PQD CPSD Critical Power Solutions Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No