Eaton’s B-Line Division is currently seeking a Logistics Manager to join our team.
This position is based at our Divisional Headquarters in Highland, IL.
The B-Line Logistics Manager is responsible for all aspects of logistics management throughout the B-Line supply chain. The manager will develop and execute an updated Logistics Strategy that aligns with B-Line's Business, Operations and Supply Chain Strategy while also meeting corporate expectations for Logistics management (Corp Logistics Strategy). The manager will deploy an assessment and continuous improvement process to deploy this strategy at all 25 ship locations.
The B-Line Logistics Manager deploys the strategy of the EPG Logistics strategy and functionally reports to the team in Pittsburg. The manager will launch and maintain a Logistics Council to maintain this relationship and align resources, goals, and priorities based on the Logistics CI cycle outputs. The Logistics Manager will expand the current Materials Management Competency Assessment to include the required logistics competencies. The manager will leverage the assessment to drive personal development plans for individuals impacting B-Line performance. This will include individuals working directly on logistics (e.g. regional logistics leads, shipping & receiving leads), and individuals working in roles that have a potential impact on logistics (e.g. inventory and replenishment analysts). This is critical to support the right balance between OTD, DOH, and Logistics cost; with a Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) mindset.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will execute a comprehensive EPG Logistics Strategy to drive balanced cost and OTD performance, along with Assessment and Continuous Improvement tools to deploy the strategy.
- You will launch and manage a Logistics Council to drive continuous improvement of tools and process, share best practices, develop the team members, and drive improved performance.
- You will participate in SIOP and IBP cycles in order to align Logistics network designs with business levels and inventory goals.
- You will manage a direct team of four analysts.
- You will be an effective leader with professional presence and skills at developing individuals, setting goals and holding people accountable, leveraging resources, communicating effectively, and building organizational capability.
- You will drive Business Specific Strategies & Projects, while deploying Central Programs such as: Transportation Management System Selection & Implementation, Premium Freight management Tool, new Global Supplier introduction, etc.
- You will coordinate global supply flow changes (from a logistics perspective) - identify process and flow improvement opportunities for Intercompany transactions through gaining advanced understanding of Vehicle operational footprint design and working with Materials Planning teams, Global SIOP, and Sourcing decision makers.
- You will provide Product Distribution Strategy Support: Participate in the Materials & Ops directed DC strategy and support all logistics initiatives to improve.
- You will provide Global Enterprise-wide Logistics Supplier Management: Involves supplier performance monitoring; Conflict resolution; Contracts Management; Evaluation of Technological Enhancements; Management of Efficiency Improvement Initiatives.
- You will drive cash Flow Planning (Transportation): Compute transportation spend budgets for over 35+ Global sites for the Vehicle Group annual profit planning. Manage the same for the monthly Rolling forecast process.
- You will drive logistics CI & cost-out projects aligned with the annual logistics budgets, and support working capital optimization initiatives; with a Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) mindset – right balance between OTD, DOH and Logistics cost
- You will develop and deploy with Corp Logistics and the Regions a Global Business Continuity Plan for all Global logistics solutions.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- 5 years of experience in one or more functional area (Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Engineering, Materials or Logistics)
- Minimum of 3 years of logistics and distribution experience including: contract development, performance management, cost and inflation forecasting, freight, and duty management
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- APICS CPIM certification
- MBA or Master’s degree in Operations / Materials management, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, etc.
- Working knowledge of SAP, databases, data warehouses, and bolt-on execution systems
- Experience with Transportation Management Systems
- Demonstrated understanding of market and economic impacts on logistics cost, performance, inflation impact, forecasting, cost modeling, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to build teams, develop people, hold people accountable, leverage indirect resources, build relationships with key partners, and manage without authority.
Position Success Criteria:
- Strong analytical and cognitive skills.
- Experience with driving business process improvement initiatives
- Experience in a leadership role in driving change in the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building and team work skills.
- Ability to lead a global team in the development and implementation of initiatives in a highly matrixed environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Highly advanced analytical and cognitive skills.
- Strong project management experience with demonstrated history of driving accomplishments through a team
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret and document complex business processes and systems.
- Advanced understanding of Logistics processes and freight management tools
- Proficiency in using Word, Power Point and Excel.
- Ability to travel locally or internationally up to 25%
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time