Operator II - 3rd Shift
Eaton’s Hydraulics division is currently seeking an Operator II- PTFE to join our third shift team. This position is based at our Middlesex, NC facility.
The Operator II-PTFE will be responsible for following written instructions and reading blueprint specifications. Under moderate supervision, sets up and operates alternately more than one type of production machine on a limited range of production work, involving close tolerances and set-ups, which are exacting, but not usually highly involved or difficult. Adjusts machine components to regulate speeds, pressures, feeds and operation sequence are ordinarily prescribed. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world.
The Operator II-Preform will be responsible for fully operating all functions within:
Powder Blending: Operate machine to mix or blend chemicals and Teflon® powder for processing according to formulas. Examine materials, ingredients or products visually or with hands to ensure compliance to established standards.
PTFE Extrusion: Set up and operate extrusion presses to shape billets into Teflon® tubing. Regulate rate of extrusion to prevent rupture.
We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will weigh or measure materials, ingredients, or products to ensure conformance to requirements and compound or process ingredients or dyes, according to formulas.
- You will add or mix chemicals or ingredients for processing, using hand tools or other devices.
- You will review work orders, specifications or instructions to determine material, ingredients, procedures, components and settings. Accurately record data on process travelers.
- You will accurately complete computer transactions as necessary (labor & scrap transactions, inventory disbursements & cycle counts, expense items, etc.).
- You will model the Eaton ethical conduct policy, the Eaton Values and Philosophy, and comply with all other corporate, plant, and regulatory policies and regulations as applicable.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High school diploma or equivalent form an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Middlesex, NC will be considered
- 6 months of Manufacturing experience preferred
- Extrusion equipment experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate experience in computer transactions
- Strong problem-solving, prioritization and decision-making skills
- Strong interpersonal skills/teaming ability
- Ability to learn and successfully operate production equipment
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No