The Fuel and Motion Control Systems Division of Eaton’s Aerospace Group has an opening for a Certified Tester. This position is based in Euclid, OH.
The Euclid facility has approximately 400 employees and is a leader in the design, development, manufacture and delivery of Aerospace Fuel Pumping components, systems and services to the global aftermarket and OEM markets.
- Follow print specifications and test procedures to perform a variety of electrical and mechanical tests on aircraft engine booster, transfer and gear fuel pumps.
- Perform visual and dimensional inspections and maintain accurate documentation on a variety of parts in accordance with ANSI Y14-5 and the certified operator program.
- Provide assistance to other operators on proper operational procedures.
- Perform 5S and other job related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must be able to work and perform in a fuel atmosphere environment.
- Able to work and lift up to 60 pounds.
- Using appropriate test stands, perform a variety of electrical and mechanical test on all types of aircraft fuel pumps, including tests such as dielectric strength, insulation resistance, and electrical receptacle; pressures, any leakage; amperes, volts, watts, and cycles per second, calibration of pressure, flow and electrical; fuel temperatures; etc.
- Conduct break-in tests for required time periods on all types of fuel pumps to determine their overall performance under simulated operating conditions and to prepare pumps for customer use.
- Identify rejected fuel pump components, label, and return to assembly for repair.
- Maintain all required logs, documents, and records as required by the certified operator program.
- Chart and plot data per SPC requirement.
- Move material within the cell.
- Perform minor machine maintenance.
- Perform more than one operation at a time as directed by the supervisor.
- Perform pump/part marking and shipping identification.
- Perform pump packaging.
- Machine-driven, hands-on experience with solid mechanical aptitude and abilities.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Must reside within a 50 mile radius of work location; no relocation benefit is provided.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Minimum of six (6) months experience in comprehensive, customized mechanical or electrical assemblies or analytic performance based product acceptance testing.
- Become a Certified Operator within 40 days of becoming active on the code.
- Complete an Eaton approved training program within 120 days.
- Pass an Eaton vision test.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No