Product Line Manager
Eaton’s Electrical Systems and Services Group in the Commercial Distribution and Assembly Products Division is currently seeking a Product Line Manager to join our team.
The Product Line Manager is responsible for:
Leading the planning and execution of all short and long-term strategic objectives and business plans for the Dry Type Transformer product line (over $120M in total annual revenue).
The Product Line Manager will maintain key organizational relationships with multiple manufacturing facilities and manage key performance metrics including sales volume targets, market penetration, price realization, profitability, and overall product quality. This position will also oversee new product development and introduction into the market as well as lead the product engineering function to support manufacturing processes.
- Coordinate professional engineering design services to interpret customer specifications for products for manufacturing applications
- Direct and coordinate product line marketing services and sales, including negotiations, customer order engineering, drafting, customer service, and invoicing; backlog management to ensure proper flow into production is established to meet plant monthly forecasts
- Provide oversight and guidance for the management of customer orders and projects. This entails proper coordination of all internal functions as well as customer needs, specifications, delivery and installation schedules and product warranty requirements.
- Maintain current knowledge and expertise of product engineering technologies, new product designs, competitor capabilities and practices, market conditions, and market channels to develop short-term and long-term product design, necessary manufacturing applications, and marketing and sales strategies for the company.
- Define, implement, and manage product marketing and strategic sales plans to ensure conformance with stated company product sales and service objectives.
- Continuously monitor marketing and sales performance and introduce product development improvements.
- Establish and maintain contact with customers for effective product marketing and sales.
- You will develop and coordinate communications channels with customers that will ensure the exchange of information relating to product characteristics, quality, delivery, and service.
- You will establish and maintain acceptable customer service standards with respect to negotiation lead times, product lead times, drawing turnaround time and potential claims.
- You will continually analyze and interpret customer questions, requirements, or problems.
- You will manage and oversee the preparation of effective quotations, bids, and related negotiation documentation for the sales of products produced by the company.
- You will coordinate and manage projects/bids through a variety of sales channels; analyze competitive pricing levels and adjust proposals to respond effectively to changes in price, service, etc.
- You will negotiate final product prices with customer through field sales personnel.
- You will plan, manage, and coordinate customer product orders and backlog to achieve production loading objectives at maximum profit; manage and coordinate product orders to continuously maintain on-time delivery of parts, products, and services as demanded by the customers.
- You will coordinate all marketing, engineering, and manufacturing functions as appropriate to ensure timely responses to customer installation and later operational requirements and problems.
- You will provide training, instruction, and guidance to subordinate managers, supervisors, and other employees to ensure their knowledge of consistent product line engineering, marketing, or sales skills.
- You will plan and manage the R&D process for the product line to achieve program results along with managing the personnel and resources to stay within the allocated budgets.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution required
- Extensive product and application knowledge in power distribution.
- Strong working knowledge of e-Tools, Bid Manager, COGNOS, VISTA, Mentor.
- Requires solid negotiation skills and knowledge of marketing techniques including experience in sales.
- Minimum of 5 years outside field sales and/or marketing experience is recommended.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Marketing
- Strong product knowledge of Electrical Distribution Products and Assemblies
- Strong understanding of Eaton’s channel network (distributors and/or rep’s)
- Knowledge of Eaton applications (BidMan and VISTA)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum of 7 years outside field sales and/or marketing experience is recommended.
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously
- Must be able to work well in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interface with internal and external customers
- Must be a strong team player that enjoys a fast-paced environment
- Participate in and demonstrate understanding of other programs, such as: Eaton Business
- System (EBS), Eaton Value Cycle and PROLaunch
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
At Eaton, We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time