Senior Supplier Quality Engineer
Eaton’s Fuel & Motion Control Systems Division is currently seeking a Senior Supplier Quality Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Jackson, MS facility.
The Jackson facility has approximately 550 employees and is a leader in the design, development, manufacturing and delivery of Aerospace hydraulic components, systems and services to the global aftermarket and OEM markets.
The Senior Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for ensuring a robust and effective supply chain aligned around zero defects, lean manufacturing concepts and direct flow down of contractual and non-contractual commitments. Integral to this is improving supplier quality, on-time delivery, and cost performance through development activities.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will function as Lead Auditor to perform on-site, quality system audits at suppliers and gap analysis in order to assess Eaton’s Aerospace Group, Customer and FAA regulatory requirements to AS9100 / ISO 9001:2000 standards.
- You will perform on-site and internal supplier development activities via Pareto of defects, 8D, and Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- You will facilitate problem solving and root cause analysis activities both internal to Eaton’s Aerospace Group and external to Eaton’s supply base and Customers when required to eliminate recurrence of non-conformances.
- You will support the Eaton Cost-out and IDEAS Programs.
- You will assume the managing role in the development and application of Advanced Quality tools such as: Key Characteristics, Variability Reduction, Failure Modes Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- You will provide Supply Chain interfaces with the aircraft design teams, team partners, program management office, suppliers and the customer as required.
- You will improve key metrics supply chain KPI’s, including Supplier OTD (Past due), DPPM and scrap.
- You will conduct lean manufacturing assessments at suppliers to drive process standardization, waste elimination and continuous improvement.
- You will conduct lean manufacturing training and implementation.
- You will develop long term supplier relationships and generate and Implement cost reduction ideas.
- You will work to resolve supplier technical issues in a timely manner to ensure continuity of supply.
- You will create and review Quality procedures.
- You will lead initiatives utilizing quality system methodologies and techniques to enhance supplier performance improvement. Initiatives to include:
- Root Cause and Corrective Action methodology
- Lean, 5 Why’s, Pareto Analysis, Six Sigma, 8-D, DFMEA, PFEMA, PPAP, etc.
- Measuring and monitoring supplier performance DPPM levels
- Supplier Audit Schedule
- Utilize Eaton’s ProLaunch new product/product change system
- Whisper system utilization and enhancement
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a quality role
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without out company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of the Jackson, MS location.
- Certified Lead Auditor to ISO 9001: 2000, AS9100 standards.
- 8D (RCCA) problem solving, aerospace auditing background and ASQ CQA preferred.
- Working knowledge in functional measuring equipment usage and machining.
- Master of Business Administration from an accredited institution.
Position Success Criteria:
- Knowledge of Aerospace product and manufacturing processes, machining methodologies, and inspection techniques.
- Detailed knowledge of the latest ANSI Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) specifications per ASME Y14.5M.
- Knowledge of machining, assembly & test operations, gauging, SPC, and APQP.
- Experience utilizing AS9100 Quality System and product/process auditing techniques.
- Knowledge of AS9102 First Article and AS9103 Key Characteristic requirements.
- Must exhibit a high level of motivation, sense of urgency, and energetic approach to job duties and requirements.
- Strong ethics, values and the ability to influence others’ decision making.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/activities; results driven.
- Knowledge of product and manufacturing process.
- Process oriented and ability to lead and contribute to continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (30%).
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time