Manager Engineering Technical Services
Eaton’s BLine division is currently seeking a Manager Engineering Technical Services to join our team. This position is based at our Highland, IL facility.
The individual will be responsible for managing the engineering technical services work among a global team. The individual will be responsible for building and developing streamlined processes within the control of the technical services team. The position will also support interactions and relationships with the balance of our commercial team and drive further integration with all functional groups within the business.
This position is responsible for managing and leading the engineering technical services business function and revenue team (both domestic and international) which is comprised of an Engineered to Order group, Technical Customer Support group and a Seismic Technical team. Managing the team is comprised of creating process driven solutions that work across the groups making business decisions regarding selection/deselection of job requests along with clear communication or the reasoning. Additionally, the incumbent will provide excellent technical services and project management by prioritizing escalations, improving timeliness on responses and sustaining requests and ultimately driving revenue growth and profitability by winning improved margin opportunities. Success in the role will also include oversight for the process of engineering services automation as well as, creation of customer specific product files. The incumbent will be responsible to launch the commercialization of the technical services team while refining metrics and establishing guidelines that span the business. The incumbent will be responsible to determine and deploy the most efficient productivity tools based on functionality and ease of use.
This is a high visibility position, located at the division headquarters, which will lead critical interactions with internal (Sales, Customer Service, Engineering, Finance, IT, Marketing, etc.) and external (manufacturing representatives, distributors, OEM’s) customers to deliver a world class level of service. Specifically, this position will align closely with Supply Chain Management on availability of purchased parts, operations on take offs and plant capabilities and Product Line Managers around strategy development.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will set clear and smart team objectives and evaluate performance against those objectives using the annual performance review process, as well as, weekly/monthly team meetings.
- You will coach and develop employees to build skills within the technical support organization
- You will build relationships with internal departments and customers to determine success of the team
- You will be accountable for increasing profit margins and revenue growth
- You will proactively engage the Product Line Mangers to ensure consistent technical service and ETO metrics are being achieved
- You will report metrics on a routine basis and proactively address any deviations against plan to ensure performance exceeds expectations.
- You will develop and champion process improvement projects
- You will develop systematic way to track and manage large projects both domestically and internationally.
- You will support projects in the field. Travel to job sites to provide technical answers during projects, and support sales department on an as needed basis.
- You will develop metrics regarding turnaround times, services that are offered and support the sale of the all product lines.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience managing a team, or large project management experience
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience reading and interpreting blueprints/product and customer provided drawings and/or Commercial/Customer Experience interfacing with internal/external customers
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of the Highland, IL site to be considered.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future without requiring future company sponsorship.
- Manufacturing exposure with an Engineer to Order type environment
- Supervision and development of local and remote employees
- CAD experience
- Prior knowledge of Eaton’s B-Line Business products and channels to market.
- SAP/Business Warehouse knowledge
- Proficiency in MS Office Products
- Good Mechanical Aptitude and ability to understand product applications at the end user level
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Commitment follow through
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time