Design Engineering Technician
Eaton’s Power Delivery division is currently seeking a Design Engineering Technician to join our team. This position is based at our Waukesha, WI facility.
The Design Engineering Technician is responsible for developing custom designs for distribution transformers meeting customer requirements, industry standards, and company internal standards and procedures. Creates and maintains product definition data. Provides support to other functional areas within the company.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will develop product drawings and models. Manage the models using SAP PLM.
- You will design custom products with standard requirements to meet customer specifications and industry standards.
- You will review and interpret design specifications to establish customer requirements.
- You will process design order information, collaborating with Marketing and Sales as needed, to guarantee customer satisfaction.
- You will supply all information to create material masters, bill of materials, and characteristic data in SAP. Also responsible to create customer drawings and nameplates and maintain all product documentation updates.
- You will generate manufacturing information correctly and in the time that is expected (On Time Design (OTD)) and design errors are key metrics to track performance.
- You will understand the various components that are needed in the Product design. Continuously expand knowledge of the products.
- You will provide technical support to manufacturing regarding problems relating to custom designs, specification and functional performance.
- You will complete design and information requests for Manufacturing, Marketing, and Sales according to the procedures established by the business
- You will perform other related activities and special projects as assigned. Provides support to other members of the team as needed.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Associate’s Degree in Engineering or Technology from an accredited institution
- No relocation assistance is being provided for this position; only candidates who currently reside within a 50 mile radius of Waukesha, WI will be considered
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Experience with Rapid Improvement Events, Kaizen events, or other similar continuous improvement efforts
- 2+ years manufacturing experience at Badger Drive, Lincoln Ave, or North Street
- Experience on any CAD tool like Inventor, Creo, Solidworks, or AutoCAD
- Demonstrated proficiency with electrical or mechanical systems. Knowledge of standard industry drafting/modeling practices
- Experience with custom engineering design and processes is desired
- Familiarity with, modeling, detailing and layout drafting techniques is desired
- Ability to excel as a team player by successfully collaborating with engineering peers as well as cross-functional personnel to ensure custom designs meet customer expectations
Demonstrated strong skills on following competencies: Priority Setting, Decision Quality, Problem Solving, Learning on the Fly, Customer Focus, Ethnics and Values, Integrity and Trust, Drive for Results, Technical Learning.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time