Senior Lab Technician
Eaton’s Residential Wiring Devices division is currently seeking a Senior Lab Technician to join our team. This position is based at our Peachtree City, GA facility.
The Senior Lab Technician will perform and document electrical and mechanical tests on products made and sold by Eaton's Wiring Devices business per UL and other certification standards.
The electrical and mechanical testing laboratory for Wiring Devices in Peachtree City is under the Data Acceptance Program for Underwriters Laboratory (UL) certification. This means that UL will accept Eaton's data for UL certification without submitting test samples independently to a UL lab. Maintaining that level of acceptance requires strict adherence to UL policies and procedures that assure results are accurate and truthful. The critical job requirements support these policies.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will perform and document internal electrical and mechanical tests in support of new product development, Value Analysis initiatives and sustaining engineering.
- You will develop equipment and procedures for any new or revised UL requirements, as well as internal developmental testing that may not have a corresponding UL standard.
- You will support engineering for analyzing root cause when test results differ from expectations.
- You will perform tests, maintain awareness of potential hazards. Follow safety procedures and requirements that exist and suggest/implement l improvements to promote a safe working environment.
- You will log and track samples for testing in the lab including applicable retention periods.
- You will maintain accurate, organized records of testing for ready access.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Associates degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 6 months of experience with electrical wiring and testing equipment(internship, co-op or any school project experience will be counted toward our minimum.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation. Candidates must currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Peachtree City, Ga facility.
- Associates Degree in an Engineering technology
- Experience with UL, CSA or other regulatory agencies
- Minimum 1 year experience with Microsoft Office with emphasis with Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No