Lead Engineer -Electronics
We are seeking accomplished engineering talent with strong embedded systems background to work with a global team on innovative products. As the technical leader, you will drive the creation of high-technology products, from concept, through launch and customer adoption.
Perform sophisticated engineering activities in the development of electronic trip units and accessories for Eaton’s family of circuit breakers. Create system solutions which exceed cost, functionality and manufacturability objectives. Build knowledge to advance the state of the art in embedded electronics, engineering tools & process. Support our contract manufacturing partners and circuit breaker plants.
•Provides technical leadership and performs engineering activities in developing new product and sustaining our existing products.
•Defines product & systems in terms of functional and nonfunctional engineering requirements in response to the marketing & customer requirements specification.
•Works with Project Managers to create detailed and robust project plans and schedule.
•Hardware Engineer: Performs complex digital and analog hardware design and some firmware development of safety critical electronic products to meet or exceed marketing / customer requirements.
• Firmware Engineer: Performs complex firmware (algorithms, user interface serial communications) design in the development of safety critical electronic products to meet or exceed marketing / customer requirements.
•Tests own work, reviews the testing of others, coordinates any external testing/certification required, meeting quality and reliability goals.
•Accomplishes own work in these areas as well as directs & reviews the work of the team.
•Provides support, both in the manufacturing & test of PCBAs/assemblies and in the use of those parts in the manufacture & test of circuit breakers.
•Provides application domain and technical expertise to field personnel to properly apply our products and to solve customer’s issues.
• Stay current with the latest technology and advances in electronics. Develop understanding of circuit breaker performance / operational behavior and related standards.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical, Electronic or Computer Engineering from an accredited institution
• 5 years of experience working in electronic product design utilizing modern microprocessors, networking, user interface and power-supply designs
• Experience with product data management systems
• Experience with top-tier schematic tools (hardware)
• Experience with modern source code tools and issue tracking systems (firmware)
• Bilingual: written and oral fluency in Spanish & English
• Must be authorized to work in Dominican Republic
• Able to work outside normal hours and travel internationally (~10%)
• Direct experience working with global PCBA Contract Manufacturers
• Experience with sensing technologies, electro-mechanical systems & serial communications
• Understanding of electrical distribution systems & their protection components
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: EPG CPD PCD Power Components Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time