We are seeking accomplished electronics engineering talent to work with a global team on innovative products. You will create high-technology products, from concept, through launch and customer adoption.
Perform engineering activities in the development of electronic trip units and accessories for Eaton’s family of circuit breakers. Create designs which exceed cost, functionality and manufacturability objectives. Build your knowledge to advance our embedded electronics, engineering tools & process. Support contract manufacturing partners and circuit breaker plants.
• Performs technical engineering activities in developing new product and sustaining our existing products.
• Defines product in terms of functional and nonfunctional engineering requirements in response to the marketing & customer requirements specification.
• Works with the team to plan and track activities.
• Hardware Engineer: Performs digital and analog hardware design in the development of safety critical electronic products to meet or exceed marketing / customer requirements.
• Firmware Engineer: Performs firmware (algorithms, user interface serial communications) design in the development of safety critical electronic products to meet or exceed marketing / customer requirements.
• Tests own work, coordinates any external testing/certification required, meeting quality and reliability goals.
• Accomplishes own work in these areas as well as supports the work of the team.
• Provides support, both in the manufacturing & test of PCBAs/assemblies and in the use of those parts in the manufacture & test of circuit breakers.
• Provides application domain and technical expertise to field personnel to properly apply our products and to solve customer’s issues.
• Stay current with the latest technology and advances in electronics. Develop understanding of circuit breaker performance / operational behavior and related standards.
• Follow and improve our Safe Work Practices, ProLaunch & Engineering procedures.
of Science Degree in Electrical, Electronic or Computer Engineering from an
years of experience working in electronic product design utilizing modern
microprocessors, networking, user interface and power-supply designs
with top-tier schematic tools (hardware)
with modern source code tools and issue tracking systems (firmware)
written and oral fluency in Spanish & English
be authorized to work in Dominican Republic
to work outside normal hours and travel internationally (~10%)
experience working with global PCBA Contract Manufacturers
with sensing technologies, electro-mechanical systems & serial
with product data management systems
of electrical distribution systems & their protection components
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: EPG CPD PCD Power Components Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time