Eaton’s Hydraulic Fluid Conveyance Division is seeking a Production Supervisor. This position is located in Mountain Home, AR.
The Production Supervisor will lead and execute the production and operations plans for area(s) of responsibility. Drive continuous improvement to track, manage, deliver, and improve processes and results including but not limited to Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost. This is a leader of people role responsible for supporting assigned team members to drive employee engagement and positive employee relations. A successful Production Supervisor is expected to actively support and meet the strategic goals set by the facility and by Eaton Corporation.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world.
We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will effectively manage the daily activities of all department employees, this includes performance management, coaching, development, support, and follow-up to all assigned team members to ensure effective leadership, counsel and coach employee behavior as necessary utilizing the employee guidebook, peers, and the Human Resources team to ensure firm, fair, and consistent application of Eaton Guidelines, Ethics, Values, and Philosophies.
- You will proactively implement and support applicable safety, health and environmental guidelines as necessary and encourage personnel to further identify and eliminate potential hazards.
- You will partner with support groups including EHS, Engineering, and Maintenance to ensure that adequate equipment is available and operated safely so as to adequately and efficiently conduct business.
- You will fully engage workforce and drive change by empowering business partners with decision making and involvement. Effectively administer the shift start up meetings in area(s) of responsibility; this includes training, communication, and engagement of assigned team members and effectively delivering the required content.
- You will build staffing plan to ensure appropriate staffing levels which includes management of vacation requests and attendance; cross-training, managing departmental, work, vacation, overtime schedules, and shift personnel timecards.
- You will be responsible for ensuring team members are effectively trained and provided the tools and resources to execute their job responsibilities adequately. Develop, motivate and coach team members; acts as an employee advocate and interviews potential new hires.
- You will identify and implement continuous improvement philosophies to achieve steady improvement in all metrics resulting improved delivery of the department high five scorecard and facility results. Conduct process checks within areas of responsibility and monitor performance Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost.
- You will support plant metrics by ensuring that established quality and production levels are maintained and by preparing department specific reports on key measures
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a supervisory role
- Minimum of 1 year of manufacturing experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area will be considered
- 3 years of experience in a supervisory role is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time