Senior Product Engineer - Engine Valvetrain
Eaton's Vehicle Group and its EAM organization has an opening for a:
Senior Product Engineer - Engine Vavetrain
Location: Turin HQ, Italy
As Senior Product Engineer, you will perform all engineering activities such as a design, testing, calculation/simulation, reporting and use DFSS tools related with VT Core engineering projects. You will follow daily activities related to projects evolution till launch in production.
Moreover you will act as customer engineering account, and keep constant contacts with all the other functions (Testing, Met Lab, Prototypes, Sales, Pricing, etc).
- Performs the assigned activities related to the design of the VT Core products.
- Performs 2D-3D packaging analysis and product definition on the basis of the results of the design verifications (UVGS, FEA, component dimensioning…)
- Leads the engineering tasks related to the different projects (CAE analysis, testing activities, laboratory checks) during design and production validation phases.
- Works in Team with engineering, prototype shop, testing/laboratory and production plant to allow successful launch in production of VT Core products.
- Participates actively to periodic Design Reviews and is active part of DFMEA teams.
- Reports on engineering activities with Engineering Reports and, on monthly basis, with Monthly Report.
- Keeps tracking of quality documentation and work in team with program manager for managing activities in accordance with project planning.
- Operate as customer engineering account. Set up technical meeting at customer to align on project status.
- Works in team with Sales and Pricing department to develop competitive technical proposals when customer is opening a sourcing.
- Supports VT Core product development projects.
- Master Degree in Engineering (Mechanical is preferred)
- 2-3 years' experience in Engineering role, Knowledge of 3D CAD, FEM software (Ansys preferred), DFMEA, internal combustion engines.
- Preferably courses in: VT Design and Kinematic software (UVGS & VGDT), Eaton VT products design and production
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strict attention to detail
- Deadline oriented
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Fluent in English, knowledge of French will be a plus
· Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
· Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
· Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: VEH PDMP EAM
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time