Director, Treasury and Accounting Strategy for Tax Projects
Eaton’s Corporate Sector is currently seeking a Director, Treasury and Accounting Strategy for Tax Projects to join our team. This position is based at our Beachwood, OH facility.
The Director, Treasury and Accounting Strategy for Tax Projects is responsible for direct coordination of the Treasury and Corporate Accounting strategy and implementation for internal restructuring projects led by Tax. This will involve partnering with the global Treasury teams and Corporate Accounting teams concerning the preparation of, for example, guarantor financial statements, relevant journal entries, foreign exchange analysis and analysis of other Treasury and Accounting matters. This role will also monitor the global accounting and reporting as well as Treasury-related impacts for internal restructurings led by Tax and report out to Tax. This role will provide accounting advice and support to all locations to enable them to report financial results of Tax projects consistent with US GAAP and Eaton financial policies. It will provide advice and direction to the global Treasury teams regarding impacts and implementation of Tax internal restructuring projects in particular concerning foreign currency effects. It will participate and advise on various other functional impacts from Tax projects to ensure proper accounting controls and reporting.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will direct the Accounting and Treasury interfaces on Tax projects, which includes responsibility for seamless reporting of results of such projects and oversight to ensure proper implementation of resulting changes.
- You will prepare accurate and timely financial analysis for senior management, including supporting analysis of impact to Treasury functions
- You will ensure that all corporate accounting related to Tax projects is in compliance with Eaton Financial Policies and all accounting requirements such as US GAAP.
- You will direct the preparation of financial information related to legal entity and asset valuations and tax attribute studies with the Transfer Pricing team, ensuring integrity and accuracy of financial information utilized.
- You will develop and implement procedures and controls within the Tax, Accounting and Treasury departments related to Tax projects to achieve maximum efficiencies and be SOX compliance
- You will direct and interface to drive interaction on audit review of the accounting information for Eaton's external auditors as related to Tax-led projects.
- You will oversee, strategically direct, and partner with Accounting/Treasury/Tax functions in order to prepare memoranda, spreadsheets, and presentations for discussions of strategic value of Tax projects with Accounting/Treasury/Tax senior management
- You will design communication and strategically coordinate with Accounting and Treasury group analysts, division controllers and global Treasury team to ensure deep understanding of the impact of Tax projects on financial results and processes
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 12 years' experience in working with Accounting and/or Treasury
- Public accounting experience
- Deep knowledge of GAAP and statutory accounting
- Broad knowledge of accounting and treasury processes and their impact on the organization
- Tax knowledge
Position Success Criteria:
- Highly developed problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written, oral communication, and organizational skills
- High level of integrity and the ability to be a team player and change agent with a focus on continuous improvement
- Proven leader in Accounting, Treasury, or Tax functions
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Director
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time