Material Handler (1st Shift)
Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking a Material Handler to join our 1st Shift team. This position is based at our Fayetteville, NC facility.
The Material Handler in the Store Room will use forklift or power equipment to move and store a variety of materials, parts or products. May unload incoming materials from trailers, vehicles, etc. Transport items from incoming staging area or from finished goods staging area to storage area. Store, stack, and arrange material and maintain related documentation. May operate overhead crane or hoist in moving of material, only crane certified associates. Verify, identify and quantify items received against purchase order. Visually inspect and count items / incoming parts, materials and supplies to detect shortages, damages in transit, broken packages and obvious defects. Complete related documentation. Move or expedite material to proper department. Pull material and package for delivery to Service Centers. Use KanBan system to order and replenish materials.
We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will act as backup to other material handlers as needed in different sections.
- You will safely and efficiently deliver materials as needed to storeroom locations, or POU locations.
- You will notify internal customers of receipts / product marked to their attention. Maintain working relationship with internal customers.
- You will receive P.O’s in system. Separate AML material from non-AML. (Kanban)
- You will sort and disperse return material. Maintain all documentation accordingly. Unload trucks and check freight bills accordingly. Verify material against packing list.
- You will pull parts from Storeroom if needed in Service Center packing. Ensure packaging is to standard to prevent loss or damage to product.
- You will perform duties of internal truck driver, making pick ups and deliveries in a timely fashion. Assist with delivery / receipt of product to outside vendors and / or contractors.
- You will maintain stock levels. Coordinate movement of material. Locate material when required by other material handlers, internal customers or Supervisors.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Fayetteville, NC will be considered
- Ability to obtain forklift certification and previous experience in a warehouse or manufacturing environment preferred
- Ability to use computer systems for the input and tracking of materials
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No