Eaton's Corporate Division has an opening for :
Western Europe Logistics Operations Manager
Location: Hungary - Budapest
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
The primary function of this role is to drive freight management & performance excellence across our sub regional manufacturing locations and distribution centers by leveraging best practices, and by ensuring the necessary control frameworks are in place to ensure adherence to organizational functional expectations. The role will be operationally focused and will help to ensure adherence to Logistics profit plan for Freight spend, Cost outs and Economics.
Your key deliverables :
- Work across multiple Eaton business locations and functions.
- Drive consistency and best-practice deployment across the function.
- Be a strategic partner for business and align goals/expectations of Central Logistics function accordingly - Enable business growth
- Optimize the region’s freight network & capacity at the lowest cost while fulfilling business objectives, applying lean principles and utilizing operational excellence.
- Act as a First Escalation Points for plants under sub region to resolve freight operational issues such as vehicle unavailability, carrier capacity, freight accruals, freight forecasting etc., - and maintain Issue Log.
- First Escalation point for Carrier - Holds equal authority in coordination with freight procurement team to resource carrier (in adherence to procurement strategy)
- Implementation of RFQ for all Logistics commodities
- Improving Spend Under Management
- Ensure all key performance indicators of logistics such as Freight Spend (including Premium), Cost Out, and Controllable cost elements i.e. Year over Year Premium freight performance, Inefficiencies and Gaps are met or within the profit plan targets of function and any exceptions gets updated with root cause in monthly performance review in coordination with plant team to avoid reoccurrence.
- Ensure adherence to CODB Process and governance of projects for maintaining real time status of project with respect to pro-launch categorization (P0,P1.....P5)
- Provides functional input and leadership for Whitebook process to ensure functional performance is measured to financial and delivery requirements
A professional with a problem solving mindset to adapt and drive improvements in process, tools, and organization; and with a focus on Supply Chain and Logistics Operations – than please apply.
- Bachelors degree in relevant field.
- 8-10 years experience in the field of Supply Chain.
- Deep understanding of logistics operations in a large scale environment.
- Ability to communicate well across many different nationalities, cultures and both internal and external relationships.
What Eaton offers:
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
Learning & Development- We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time