Construction Sales Representative
Eaton’s ESSG division is currently seeking a Construction Sales Representative to join our team. This position is based at our Dartmouth, Canada facility.
The Construction Sales Representative is responsible for achieving assigned sales and order goals for Eaton product to customers in the Halifax Regional Municipality (HRM) commercial and residential market. The Construction Sales Representative has the responsibility to manage all aspects of the customer relationship, providing sales and technical assistance to distributors, customers, contractors and consultants.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of
every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity,
invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold,
bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can
help us reach ours.
• You will achieve assigned team sales and orders goals.
• You will manage all aspects of the customer relationship within the assigned account base.
• You will implement sales plans and growth strategies to meet performance requirements.
• You will promote Eaton products and services to targeted customers with the objective of optimizing sales volume, product mix, and profit margin.
• You will provide technical assistance to distributors, customers, contractors and consultants.
• You will be aware of and responsive to market conditions and competitive activities; communicate such information internally and drive corrective strategies or actions.
• You will maintain cooperative and credible working relationships with company personnel to assure customer satisfaction.
• You will prepare sales proposals and value propositions based on customer needs and expectations.
• You will develop bid strategies and quotations for customers using price and delivery guidelines, and use sound business judgment to enhance volume and margins.
• You will implement new product programs as needed.
• You will prepare sales presentations to create product/service/solution understanding and awareness.
• You will prepare monthly sales forecast and operations report based on negotiation activity and customer feedback.
• You will perform all job functions with adherence to Eaton's Philosophy and Values as well as Safety and Environmental standards.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm”
University degree or college diploma in the electrical or related discipline
Minimum 5 years technical sales experience
CET designation or working towards.
Post-secondary business program.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time