- You will assemble, wire, inspect, test and package fixtures via an assembly line or workbench process.
- You will enter complete and accurate work order information as required.
- You will perform quality checks consistent with the inspection and control plans.
- You will work with inventory/replenish parts to assembly stations.
- You will use Kanban system to assure availability of parts.
- You will maintain equipment and work areas in a clean and orderly manner and maintain the 5S+ Check sheet.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution, or three months related experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of the Hicksville, NY facility will be considered
- Prior manufacturing experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Light Fixture Assembly – LED and lamps
Position Success Criteria:
- Knowledge and understanding of best engineering practices for design of automation systems, power management systems, human-machine interface software and PLC programming
- Working knowledge of test equipment and diagnostic instruments for automation and power management systems.
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach forward, and stand for up to 12 hours, following all ergonomic principles
- Ability to pick up fixtures, lamps, sheet metal, sheet metal parts, and small wires and parts
- Ability to engage in repetitive motion and tolerate exposure to varying temperatures
- Ability to regularly lift 40 pounds without assistance and occasionally lift more than 40 pounds with assistance
- Ability to wear required personal protective equipment and follow all EHS parameters as required by company policy and procedure
- Ability to use hand and power tools as required
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No