Warehouse Worker - 2nd Shift
Eaton is currently seeking a Warehouse Worker to join our second shift team. This position is based at our Roanoke, VA facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will work with a diverse group of people in varying roles to meet daily shipment and receiving goals.
- You will receive, fulfill, or ship orders to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- You will work in a collaborative, fast-paced, and dynamic environment.
- You will support a Zero Incident Safety Culture.
- You will be an active participant in continuous improvement efforts.
- You will use RF (radio frequency) units to scan barcodes.
- You will have the opportunity to learn to operate material handling equipment.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation is provided for this opening. Only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of Roanoke, VA will be considered
- Previous experience operating material handling equipment
- Previous experience using an RF Scanner
- Previous experience working in a warehouse environment
- Ability to frequently move items weighing up to 40 pounds
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No