Eaton’s Corporate Communications team is currently seeking a Manager, Communications to join our team. This position is based at our Beachwood, Ohio facility.
The Manager, Communications serves as a key business partner to the company’s Electrical Sector Communication, Engineering, Supply Chain, and Public Affairs teams, and will be a champion of our public relations and thought leadership activities related the company’s digitalization and innovation efforts. In this role, you will focus 60% on internal activities related to change management, employee engagement, communications strategy and planning, and executive communications. 40% of the time on externally-facing thought leadership, media, Public Relations activities as well as issues/crisis management as needed. The Manager, Communications will report to the Vice President, Corporate Communications.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will be responsible for the development of company-wide strategic internal and external communication plans to increase employee engagement, support business objectives and raise awareness of Eaton.
- You will advise and support Eaton’s leaders in the strategic management of communications as well as protect and enhance the company’s image and reputation.
- You will be a member of our media response team and a spokesperson for the company.
- You will coordinate executive media relations activities; develop leadership communications skills through coaching & training.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution
- Minimum 7 years of experience writing or in Journalism, Communications, Marketing Communications or related Public Relations role.
- Candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship.
- Candidates must reside within 50 miles of the Beachwood, Ohio location– no relocation will be provided for this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications or Public Relations or related field preferred.
- Master’s degree.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Experience in community relations, coaching / teaching, developing presentations, employee communication, issues management, media relations, marketing communications, knowledge and use of social media in a business setting, video creation (ability to write or manage script writing and video planning).
- Excellent writing, editing and storytelling skills; ability to convert complex information into compelling content.
- Creative, but with a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong work ethic with high standards and the ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team.
- High energy and enthusiasm to pro-actively seek opportunities for continuous improvement and collaboration within the communications function.
- Competence in strategic planning, project management & and campaign analysis.
- Tech-savvy with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and other communication enabling technologies like Power Point, InDesign, Photoshop, Hootsuite, etc.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time