Lead Analyst, Materials
Eaton’s Hydraulics Group is currently seeking a Lead Analyst, Materials to join our team.
This position is based at our Hydraulics Headquarters in Eden Prairie, MN.
The Hydraulics Materials Lead Analyst works as part of the Global Materials Team. The analysts on the Global Materials team are responsible to deploy and maintain the elements of the Hydraulics Fulfillment Model: ABCQ, PFEP, Replenishment Design, Inventory Management, and Capacity Management. The Fulfillment function is the bridge between the SIOP Supply Planners and the Central Planning teams, designing efficient replenishment management systems (e.g. Min-Max). The Fulfillment function is the bridge between the SIOP Supply Planners and the Manufacturing facilities by maintaining accurate capacity and inventory models that position the operations to run efficiently and meet customer demand. The Global Materials Team provide a centralized service to sites and regional teams across all global Hydraulics businesses.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will work with a cross-functional team to assign and maintain ABCQ Product Segmentation codes for all parent and child items in the MRP system.
- You will implement and maintain PFEP setting in the MRP system to align the Replenishment Design with the ABCQ product segmentation driven lead times.
- You will design and implement Replenishment Management systems for internal and external suppliers. This includes selection of the replenishment model, calculation and revaluation of min-max, management of discrete planning parameters, MRP PFEP settings, etc.
- You will develop and deploy standard scheduling processes, and support manufacturing sites in growing maturity and stability in master scheduling and production scheduling to align with SIOP demand forecast and site replenishment designs.
- You will support creation and maintenance of Inventory Playbooks for sites that accurately define the Product and Process Fulfillment Strategy and Replenishment Plan recommendations that align with the SKU characteristics associated with the site’s product offering.
- You will work with the operations team to create monthly inventory forecasts that are aligned with the SIOP Demand Forecast and Established replenishment designs.
- You will establish and maintain effective communication linkages with the sites that he/she serves to ensure that the site has a voice in the ABCQ/PFEP plans, replenishment design, capacity models, and inventory forecast. Work with the sites to drive execution to plan for all elements.
- You will maintain a proactive and disciplined approach to serving the sites that he/she serves, maintaining constant coverage and being responsive to all requests and needs.
- You will train and mentor new Materials Analysts and Material Planners and spearhead complex initiatives facing the team.
- You will be the subject matter expert with all Fulfillment and replenishment tools (e.g. Supplier Vis and MFG Pro Schedules) and related materials analysis tools (e.g. Pulse, Wisper).
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in one or more (or combination of) the following functional areas: Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Materials Management, or Logistics.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in Materials Management: Material Planning, Master Scheduling, Materials Analysis, etc.
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with a large scale MRP system; Oracle, SAP, MFG Pro, etc.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- APICS CPIM certification
- Minimum of 1 year of Manufacturing or plant experience
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with consumption based replenishment; Min-max, Kanban, etc.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with MRP master data management
- Experience in Data mining, statistical, optimization or other relevant modeling experience
- Dealing with large data sets and developing analytic software using SQL and data mining tools
- Understanding of aggregating large data sets at different levels of segmentation
Position Success Criteria:
- Understanding of the SIOP process steps: Forecast, Demand, Supply, Consensus, Executive
- Practical understanding of SIOP driven Materials Management including forecasting, scheduling, capacity analysis and inventory management.
- Strong analytical and cognitive skills.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building and team work skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret and document complex business processes and systems.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to train and mentor new employees in Materials Planning tools and processes
- Ability to independently manage Materials and Operations projects
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time