Intern, Product Specialist / Engineering - Dartmouth, NS (6-week co-op term)
Eaton Industries (Canada) Company located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia has an opening for a 6-week Product Specialist / Engineering Co-op student.
Under the direction of the Satellite Manager, the Product Specialist is responsible for processing orders and engineering of our Panelboard Switchboard and Enclosed Control products up to 600V to meet customer expectations. This includes responsibility for order entry, customer order engineering, customer service, quality and manufacturing of panelboards.
• Provide technical support to internal and external customers.
• Manages the administration of orders, production planning and scheduling including maintaining inventory availability for the assembly of products.
• Perform all job functions with adherence to Eaton’s Philosophy and Values, Code of Ethics, as well as Safety and Environmental standards and commitment to safety and cost improvement.
• Perform other duties, as required.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements / Knowledge & Skills)
• High School Diploma required
• Engineering Degree / Diploma in progress (Electrical, Electronics or Mechanical Engineering)
• Enrolled and Returning to a post-secondary program
• Candidates must be 18 years of age by April 30, 2019
• 0 - 5 years of experience in manufacturing electrical controls and/or power distribution products.
• Strong analytic skills using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
Knowledge & Skills:
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Strong analytical aptitude and complex problem-solving skills.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment as part of a team.
• Effective time management, prioritization and project management skills.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No