Engineering / Manufacturing Co-Op Student, Lachine QC (4-month term)
Our Lachine, Quebec (Satellite) office is looking for an Engineering (Manufacturing) Co-Op Student for our summer term, starting in May 2019.
Reporting to the Production Manager this position interprets the Manufacturing Information documents in order to mechanically assemble, fit and install prefabricated parts or modify basic components, subassemblies and structures using hand and power tools for the Lachine product lines to help meet specific objectives in our production environment.
• Use various tools to install and assemble interiors, breakers and assist with the packaging of panel boards and kits.
• Assisting with the operation of machinery, constructing and assembling cells for production.
• Assisting Assemblers with the switchboard assembly process, wiring sub-assemblies, labeling and maintaining Kanban.
• Support material handling at site.
• Work to standard operating procedures, bill of materials, manufacturing information, and instruction from Management or Engineering to established procedures.
• Use various fixtures, gauges, and assembly tools to assemble, adjust, or repair product.
• Inspect and verify incoming parts against paperwork or other documents, record shortages and reject damaged parts.
• Input data of parts received into Oracle database to record receipt of material.
• Maintain equipment and perform housekeeping duties as necessary using the principles of 5S.
• Fosters an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement through participation.
• High School Diploma required.
• Enrolled and Returning to a College or University Program.
• Must live within 80km of the Lachine, QC facility.
• 18 years of age by January 1, 2019.
• Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
• Previous Manufacturing experience an asset.
• Strong customer service focus with a commitment to confidentiality, a high level of professionalism and time management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work safely on multiple projects in a manufacturing environment.
• Good problem solving, mathematical skills and troubleshooting ability.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No