Senior Project Coordinator
Eaton’s Hydraulics division is currently seeking a Senior Project Coordinator to join our team. This position is based at our Eden Prairie, MN facility.
The Senior Project Coordinator is responsible for supporting customers, distributors and sales representative organizations by promptly handling all complex engineered project orders submitted for the filtration product lines. In this role, you will work with orders that are technically and administratively complex, often require face to face interaction with the customer and require consistent administration that ranges from weeks to months from the time an order is received until it is shipped.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will review all orders upon receipt for compliance to the quotation and standard terms and conditions, understanding and administering all the technical and commercial requirements of the order, documenting the project requirements and develops project plan and timeline, and immediately advises customer and representative of any conflict and begins resolution.
- You will act as the primary interface with the customer expeditors and coordinates all aspects of the order between the customer and manufacturing, developing leading indicators to identify project risks, and keeping management aware of any potential problems.
- You will coordinate departmental meetings with Engineering and Manufacturing to provide insight into priorities and prepares reports for all departments showing the current status of each project job, elevating any potential issues to immediate supervisor
- You will review material requirements and product schedules covering all phases of the order through Engineering, Credit and Manufacturing and ensure all orders stay on schedule and/or advises supervisor of potential delays and communicates with the customer.
- You will work with the customer engineers during the drawing approval process; determining when customer changes can be made and when corresponding price adjustments should also be made.
- You will prepare Installation, Operation and Maintenance manuals for all assigned projects. These range from standard pre-prepared documents to highly detailed, technical manuals.
- You will perform all standard customer service responsibilities such as expediting, credits/RMA’s, proof of delivery, etc.
- You will ensure all orders are entered through ETO and SOT as required and ensures all documentation is completed by time of shipment to avoid delayed payments.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in product management and/or sales
- No relocation benefit will be offered for this position. The candidate for the role must presently be located within a 50 mile radius of Eden Prairie, MN
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a technical field from an accredited institution
- Prior experience with hydraulic and/or filtration systems and products
- Experience using MFG/Pro
- CPIM certification or equivalent
- Experience with process and continuous improvement
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (i.e. MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project) and web based information and documentation systems
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, engineers, customers or the general public.
Ability to demonstrate strong analytical ability with focus on metrics
Ability to define problems, analyze data and draw valid conclusions that result in solid recommendations.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of energy and personal drive.
- Ability to demonstrate strong project management and organization skills.
- Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and technical documents.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time