- Resolve operation problems through structured problem-solving techniques (A3)
- Assure and promote a safe working environment for the team and entire organization.
- Motivate and coach employees to maintain high levels of engagement, satisfaction, productivity, and quality through effectively utilizing available rewards and recognition channels to encourage and promote desired behaviors and results.
- Support production activities
- Participate in safety coaching. Provide EHS training (100% completion). Complete assigned EHS inspections. Respond to department EHS concerns. Enforce the rules. Include Safety topics in department meetings.
- Develops/maintains plan emergency response plans and ensures drills are performed to document plan effectiveness. May serve as the plant emergency coordinator.
- Supports plant MESH
- Ensures required employee EHS training is completed on-time and documented. May perform training.
- Develops and implements plant programs, policies and procedures to conform to Eaton EHS mandates, e.g. MESH, ISO 14001, PASST, Industria Limpia
- Investigates EHS incidents/accidents to determine root causes and prepares and implements corrective action plans.
- Coordinates and assists with corporate initiatives, participating on teams in order to drive best practices across Eaton Corp
- Complete assigned EHS action items. Participate in safety coaching. Submit Kaizen Burst ideas to Improve safety.
- Demonstrate the application of the 8 CIF modules and support related initiatives on daily basis through establishing, maintaining and complying his/her Standard Work and other tools. Participate in Kaizen events, Lean Council and Continuous Improvement teams when required. Generate ideas for improvement according with the local programs. Implement and optimize Lean Management tools. Sustain the ELLS tools (VSM, 5´s, TMP, STW, Set up, Problem Solving, Materials Management and 6 Sigma) to drive the continuous improvement performance when apply.
- Ensures all required plant safety inspections are performed and documented, e.g. , fire extinguishers, fire risers, emergency response equipment, safety showers, eyes wash stations, emergency lights, ladders, housekeeping and that corrective actions are completed for identified deficiencies.
- Assists in the performance of accident and near-miss investigations and ensures root causes are identified and corrective actions implemented.
- Lead Safety Commite 24/7 to ensure the MESH implementation through the Eaton Leaders
- 2-5 years of experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of problem solving tools / methods (A3, 8D, or other)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Bilingual Preference
- Detailed comprehension of industry/state/country specific safety requirements.
- Knowledge and training for Emergency Response requirements.
- Thorough knowledge and training for EHS systems development and deployment.
- Understanding of manufacturing technologies and processes.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: Latin America
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time