Division VAVE Engineering Manager
Eaton’s Industrial Controls Division is currently seeking a Division VAVE Engineering Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Menomonee Falls, WI site. Relocation is available.
Eaton Corporation’s Industrial Controls Division (ICD) has an opening for a Division VAVE Engineering Manager, located in Menomonee Falls, WI. This position will reside in the divisional headquarters building, which houses engineering for multiple product lines as well as marketing, sales, finance, and R&D. The facility was built in 2012 and provides an open office layout surrounded by large windows, as well as 50,000+ square feet of onsite state-of-the-art laboratory space, fitness center, a basketball court, ping-pong, employee lounge, and grill & patio. With eight Eaton facilities and more than 1600 employees located in Southeastern Wisconsin, Eaton’s local footprint enables our employees with state of the art laboratories and access to manufacturing, all while providing ample opportunities for development and career growth within region.
The primary responsibility of this role will be to direct the Value Analysis/Value Engineering (VAVE) cost out activity across the Industrial Controls Division (ICD). This position will work closely with the business units to lead workshops to identify VAVE and cost out opportunities. This position will be responsible for the coordination of reporting project status at the business unit level and the ICD staff level. Facilitation of project sanctioning and financial validation through the business units.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will drive and develop a sustainable VAVE & LEAN culture and identify, sanction, support and facilitate robust, viable projects with all ICD plants to meet profit plan objectives and build a healthy pipeline of cost savings projects.
- You will partner with Engineering, Marketing and Supply Chain leadership to develop roadmaps that drive consistent material and manufacturing cost out across our portfolio of products.
- Work with plants to plan and execute the continuous improvement strategy to drive waste out of the business.
- You will work together with VAVE director and engineering managers to develop standards for improved processes and tools while directing VAVE & LEAN engineers to support business unit project activity.
- You will build and maintain the entire ICD portfolio of cost out projects and develop a healthy pipeline of VAVE projects, including footprint optimization and guide cross functional VAVE events to identify potential, actionable changes to design, material selection, etc. that allow cost improvements through the engineering process.
- You will evaluate competing products and guide the initiative to gain insight to cost opportunities which may be applied to Eaton products.
- You will identify and remove barriers to ensure progress and to mitigate risk, escalating to Director of VAVE and Directors of Operations and staff as needed.
- You will work with Supply chain to develop supplier-based negotiation strategies and implement – pulling together quote packages, coordinating RFQs, and following through on quote reviews.
- You will educate and train all disciplines within the value stream on VAVE concepts and as the subject matter expert for VAVE, will be expected to support and coach plant and engineering leadership in order to identify new projects.
- You will partner directly with VP of Manufacturing Operations to gain approval at Electrical Product Groups level for major projects.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 8 years’ work experience in engineering or a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 3 or more years direct or indirect management of people experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Six Sigma Method and Tools (Black Belt certification)
- Experience managing large VAVE or cost out and footprint projects using project management fundamentals.
- Master’s in Business Administration or equivalent
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- A highly entrepreneurial sense of urgency along with a passion for the continuous improvement is desirable, along with a drive to grow both personally and professionally.
- Ability to be self-directed, question the status quo, and a change agent.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes such as material management, manufacturing operations, cost accounting, quality processes and procedures, project management and Lean manufacturing (key cost drivers in a business)
- Ability to interface and work with Operations, Supply Chain and Design Engineering to achieve VAVE cost and/or productivity improvements.
- Confident working with senior plant and operations leaders throughout the organization.
- Understanding of engineering concepts and ability to read, pull engineering documented drawings and certification documents.
- Understanding of manufacturing and product cost accounting is fundamental to the position.
- Proficiency with application software packages such MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, Enovia, SAP, Qlikview, CAD design and statistical analysis is required.
- Good Communication, presentation, interpersonal and professional presence with internal/external customers and suppliers.
- Must achieve results through others not directly in reporting structure.
- Ability to explain and train others on VAVE concepts.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD ICD Industrial Controls Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time