Program Manager, eMobility
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a Program Manager in Eaton’s eMobility business, based in Shanghai/Shenzhen, China.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of a dynamic, entrepreneurial team in a large multi-national company.
- Lead cross-functional project teams to drive accountability and performance established for commercial, technical, and manufacturing readiness levels at start of production.
- Develop and execute comprehensive project management plans that deliver on scope, schedule, and financial commitments. Guide teams from project initiation through planning, executing, monitoring, and closure.
- Influence and secure baseline business case expectations with key stakeholders in the areas of scope, benefit, cost, assumptions, risks/opportunities, key milestones, and alternate implementation scenarios. Fully understand and articulate business case financials and content.
- Establish organizational resource management plans that clearly articulate the requirements for core team member, work package approver, and decision gate committee member engagement for the project duration.
- Build effective cross-functional team dynamics by recognizing individual strengths and weaknesses, providing proactive feedback and coaching, and creating an atmosphere that inspires learning and recognition. Drive a mindset of transparency, proactive risk mitigation and methodical problem solving.
- Leverage program management standard work processes, tools, systems, and performance measures to provide an operational cadence, agility and transparency during project execution.
- Establish and execute effective internal and external stakeholder communication strategies that address customer, internal leadership, and core team needs for the duration of a project.
- Effectively tailor messaging and lead project/program reviews with multiple levels of leadership to enable robust decision making and risk mitigation.
- Develop negotiation strategies with functional partners that meet business case commitments for both customer and supplier contract management. Ensure effective change management processes and contract language is designed and applied.
- Engage in new business proposal development by partnering on product strategy and product roadmap initiatives.
- Strengthen skillsets in cross-functional and operational knowledge areas outside of previous domain expertise (i.e. Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, and Finance).
If you are:
- Bachelor’s degree required (Business Administration or Engineering)
- 6-10 years of experience in Program Management or a combination of Program Management with Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing/SCM, or Product Development.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Demonstrated leadership style that is consistent with Eaton expectations of leaders (ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent, learner). Capable of leading change in a cross-functional environment that requires cross-region, site, and/or global collaboration and span.
- Fully Proficient in Program and Project Management methodologies processes and tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills with the ability to make necessary status reports and technical presentations to Eaton and Customer senior leadership.
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen.
- Excellent negotiating, interpersonal, communication, and strategic planning skills
- Practical understanding of value based selling and pricing
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results in a matrix environment
- Broad business acumen, ability to plan and manage execution of business plans
- Knowledge of Power Electronics components & technology and electric
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now#LI-SY1
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Program / Project Management
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time