Would you like to make a difference to the environment? Do you want to work for a global and ethical company that values employees inclusion and diversity ? Then join the Eaton team and help us provide sustainable and innovative solutions that make a real impact. We make what matters work. To find out more about us check: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
MONTROTTIER (69), OR LES ULIS (91) - FRANCE
IN A NUTSHELL :
You will join our eMobility Division, which is currently experiencing massive growth following various recent major wins. eMobility designs and manufactures energy converters primarily used in the automotive industry. You will be responsible for the design of digital solutions integrated into our products; you will participate to the responses to tenders for the software systems, and will establish preliminary numerical architectures by estimating their costs. Moreover, you will ensure software quality for new products. We are looking for an experienced software engineer with solid knowledge of automotive protocols ideally. You could be based at our Montrottier plant (less than an hour away from Lyon), or our offices in Les Ulis (less than an hour away from Paris). Some remote work may be envisaged.
YOUR MAIN DUTIES :
- Prescribe and write digital logigrams
- Analyze the specifications of the project as well as all incoming documents of the project.
- Establish the predictive algorithms / logigrams of the programs for validation by the customer, in collaboration with the hardware study engineer and the technical direction
- Establish the technical specification of the product's soft need
- Participate in the realization of AMDEC soft with the methodological support of study quality
- Participate in CAD steering when designing the PCB
- Manage the service folder to save the product nomenclature in the ERP
- Pilot the creation of new components at the lowest cost
- Develop the product and pilot the technician(s) working on this subject
- Manage software qualification internally and with the client
- Write and validate the digital recipe book and send to the production list of electrical tests to be performed on the product in the serial phase
- Participate in product industrialization to make it perfectly manageable at the best cost
- Provide support for production and after-sales service throughout the product life cycle
- Collaborate with the project manager in the good conduct of the different projects
- Chartered IT or electronic engineer
- Solid experience in automotive embedded system development ideally, with the ability to define costs
- Good level of English
Important notice: the successful candidate will be subject to background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time